Please sign my petition to allow us to stay in Australia

SJB123

We moved to Australia from the UK last December on a 457 visa with my husband as primary applicant. We had planned on applying for permanent residency after 2 years cos hubby has a permanent job contract here. Then after 4 months the immigration rules changed and it seems that on paper we are no longer eligible for PR due to my husbands age. Please tell us there is some kind of grandfathering or exemption rule for people in our situation??

We have started a petition to hopefully get our case looked at and I would be really really grateful if you could have a look at it and sign it if you can, also if you could forward it to family, friends, neighbours, anyone you can think of to sign too. Go to

https://www.change.org/p/peter-dutton-give-me-the-chance-to-apply-for-pr-from-a-457-visa-granted-before-age-limit-dropped-to-45?recruiter=775352431&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive 

Thank you in advance :)

3 hours ago, SJB123 said:
We moved to Australia from the UK last December on a 457 visa with my husband as primary applicant. We had planned on applying for permanent residency after 2 years cos hubby has a permanent job contract here. Then after 4 months the immigration rules changed and it seems that on paper we are no longer eligible for PR due to my husbands age. Please tell us there is some kind of grandfathering or exemption rule for people in our situation??

We have started a petition to hopefully get our case looked at and I would be really really grateful if you could have a look at it and sign it if you can, also if you could forward it to family, friends, neighbours, anyone you can think of to sign too. Go to

https://www.change.org/p/peter-dutton-give-me-the-chance-to-apply-for-pr-from-a-457-visa-granted-before-age-limit-dropped-to-45?recruiter=775352431&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive 

Thank you in advance :)

Sorry, I don't know your history but are you eligible to apply for an Independent PR visa?

1 hour ago, ali said:

Sorry, I don't know your history but are you eligible to apply for an Independent PR visa?

No, unfortunately not, as the age limit for any independent visa is now 45, which is why we started this petition.

Can I count on your support??

Thanks in advance :)