I quit my job in bridging visa

Saretta_bg

Hi everyone!

I'm in bridging visa, waiting for my 187 to get approved.

I quit my job last Thursday, anybody knows what's going to happen to my visa now?

I'm going to see an immigration agent this afternoon, but if someone can give me some hints before the appointment I would much appreciated.

Can I move my sponsorship?

Can they actually cancel the 187?

Thank you.

Sara 

Hi Sara, 

Did you quit the job that you want to use for the 187? If you don't have a valid nomination or pending nomination your 187 application will be refused. You cannot transfer sponsorship. How long it actually takes the department to catch wind of this depends if the employer notifies them in a timely fashion. 

187 visas can be cancelled for certain reasons among them being failure to work for the nominated employer for 2 years (bar some extenuating circumstances).

For someone who hasn't even been granted the visa I would very strongly suggest you discuss this with your agent, and let us know what you come up with. 

3 minutes ago, barker said:

Hi Sara, 

Did you quit the job that you want to use for the 187? If you don't have a valid nomination or pending nomination your 187 application will be refused. You cannot transfer sponsorship. How long it actually takes the department to catch wind of this depends if the employer notifies them in a timely fashion. 

187 visas can be cancelled for certain reasons among them being failure to work for the nominated employer for 2 years (bar some extenuating circumstances).

For someone who hasn't even been granted the visa I would very strongly suggest you discuss this with your agent, and let us know what you come up with. 

Is this valid of 187 or 186 type?

Yes I did.

I'm going to see my agent today and I've contacted a lawyer as well because the reasons are very strong. 

I worked for the company for 3 YEARS. The HR department will call me on Monday to try to solve the issues.

I'll update you once I get some answers.

thank you everyone.

Sara

You haven't given enough information, but I wonder if you're on a bridging visa from a 457 and are applying for the 187 under the TRT stream?

If you have resigned from the employer who is sponsoring your 187 visa, then they need to withdraw the nomination which means the 187 application will need to be withdrawn as well or it will be refused.

I would have suggested you speak with a migration agent before resigning, but hopefully they can give you an idea of what options you may have in case your situation can still be salvaged.

• Like 1

I was in student visa, now I'm in bridging waiting for the 187 visa.

I resigned because my boss was continuously bullying and harassing everyone, and I couldn't take it anymore. I worked for that company for 3 years but I reached the point where I couldn't go to work anymore. I don't want to see that man anymore in my life. Seriously. 

I'm looking for a lawyer. We'll see how we go...

41 minutes ago, Saretta_bg said:

I'm going to see an immigration lawyer next week.  I paid 9k for this visa and yes, technically the company can't cancel it because we have a case against them and until it's solved nobody can touch any visa. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but immigration don't care about your dealings with the employer. The situation is this. To obtain a 187 you need to be employed by the sponsor. You need to continue to working for the employer for two years after grant. You are no longer eligible for the 187. So, your bridging visa no longer applies as you aren't bridging to any visa. Your previous student visa may still be applicable, but if you are no longer studying, probably not. What the employer wants to do is totally irrelevant. Even if they want you to get the 187 does not make any difference. You are not eligible. You also would not be eligible for any refund from the department as there is no grounds as far as the department for immigration are concerned. 

Pit is not a lawyer you need. It is a registered migration agent. Look up on the forum Alan Collet or wrussel 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but immigration don't care about your dealings with the employer. The situation is this. To obtain a 187 you need to be employed by the sponsor. You need to continue to working for the employer for two years after grant. You are no longer eligible for the 187. So, your bridging visa no longer applies as you aren't bridging to any visa. Your previous student visa may still be applicable, but if you are no longer studying, probably not. What the employer wants to do is totally irrelevant. Even if they want you to get the 187 does not make any difference. You are not eligible. You also would not be eligible for any refund from the department as there is no grounds as far as the department for immigration are concerned. 

Pit is not a lawyer you need. It is a registered migration agent. Look up on the forum Alan Collet or wrussel 

Amen.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Sarah,

Can I ask what happened in the end? I'm on a similar situation... I applied for the 187 visa 22 months ago and still waiting on a response while on Bridging visa C.

The work environment is the worst, bullying by everyone, I have been on stress leave on a few occasions and I confided this to my boss, which decided to share this with the entire company (including co workers) which only made it worse...

I struggle so much to go to work and I just want to quit right now....

How long were you waiting for your 187 visa to be approved before you quit? I'm considering quitting as soon as my visa gets approved and present my case to immigration. However I dont think  I can last any longer than 2 years waiting for a response,

Any comments please?

9 hours ago, M Noel said:

Hi Sarah,

Can I ask what happened in the end? I'm on a similar situation... I applied for the 187 visa 22 months ago and still waiting on a response while on Bridging visa C.

The work environment is the worst, bullying by everyone, I have been on stress leave on a few occasions and I confided this to my boss, which decided to share this with the entire company (including co workers) which only made it worse...

I struggle so much to go to work and I just want to quit right now....

How long were you waiting for your 187 visa to be approved before you quit? I'm considering quitting as soon as my visa gets approved and present my case to immigration. However I dont think  I can last any longer than 2 years waiting for a response,

Any comments please?

Get some advice from a migration agent - if you take the action you suggest it may be that look like a fraudulent attempt to gain a visa with no intention of remaining with the employer -  they have an option to withdraw the granted visa.

27 minutes ago, Guu said:

How long has the completed application been with the DIBP and what was the estimated processing time when you submitted it?

The completed application has been with DIBP for 22months and 8 days. Nomination hasnt even been approved yet... The processing time when I applied was "6months".....

I spoke to a migration agent and they say I would have a chance to present my case to immigration, but that doesnt guarantee they won't cancel my visa. That's why I wanted to hear from people with similar experiences.... Anyone?

• 1 month later...