register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Nia

Existing Visa Processing Timelines for Skilled Migration 489 Adelaide

Hi All,

We have just filed for 489 Visa, South Australia On Sept 4, 2017 with 75 points. (Management Consultant Job Code) We are done with our medicals and getting PCC on coming Friday. Any idea about the existing timelines for CO to be assigned. And visa grant timeline? Thanks in advance. Also, I would like to connect with any members on the forum who are already in Adelaide for clarity on certain things like expenses, jobs etc.

Edited by Nia

Hello Nia

I am also in the same boat and uploded the documents on 28 September 2017. Still it is around 01 month passed and wait for visa grant. Let's be in touch.

• Like 1

Hi Mahesha,

Well, the good news is that our CO was assigned on 4th Oct, exactly a month after we submitted our file for VISA under 489 skilled migration. Have you been assigned a CO yet? We uploaded our PCC and my functional certificate on 11th oct. Will keep you posted as to when we receive a response on grant now.

Thanks

Nia

Hi guys, 

I will move Adelaide to continue to study bachelor of hospitality management and my studying this July and I will finish my course 7/2020. During those time I'm planning have 70 -75 points to apply restaurant manager 489 visa after graduation . Whether do I have any chance with this position ? I'm losing at the moment because my 187 in melbourne was refused . Very appreciated if anyone can give me advice. Thank you 

Hello,

We finally have got our grant and have a few questions that need clarifications:

We plan to do our first entry and stay there for a week and return back to ADL permanently by the end of the year and would like to know:

- Do we register / apply for TFN during our first visit or once we move permanently?

- What is recommended, to have one joint account for spouse and myself or better to have two separate accounts? (keeping in mind individual credit score)

- What documents (hard copies)do you think we should carry with us that can be useful?

- What should we cover / do in our first visit, any tips or do's and dont's ?

Thank you,