Partime job enquiry

Guest nastasia

Guest nastasia

Hi, I have been looking for partime jobs and I often see they display salary for the partime jobs. Is the salary the for the partime job or we need to recalculate it to the partime hours as the salary is for the fulltime hours?

Guest The Pom Queen

Not many jobs have a wage these days. You often find government jobs give a wage guideline. If it says FTE that means it is the full time equivalent wage. If you want to post the link to one we can have a look for you.

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Louise Halliwell said:

We are hoping to move to s/a in 9 mths and can I ask if it’s simple to pick up supermarket jobs,cleaning jobs ect easily??? Is there anything I need to be aware off?

s/a? South Australia? If so, its just SA :)

TBH lots of the supermarket jobs, the casual or part time ones are taken by students and younger people as they usually fall into the lower wage bracket and can fill the hours. As to how easy it is to land one, can't say, never tried to apply. There are older people working in them for sure but no clue as to how easy it is to find work in them or if its casual or permanent etc. 

If you wanted to do cleaning you could either apply to companies where you'd be an employee and get your hours that way (and the company takes a part of the hourly rate charged to the client) or set up on your own and be self employed. Provide your own products etc and do your tax return each year accordingly. Can't think of other ways to go about it really.