Applying for Student Dependent visa after Student visa is approved

Shanny

Hi,

I'm from Bangladesh. I've traveled Australia 4 times with Visitor visa. Now I've applied for Vocational student visa on 13th Sept 2017, the application is under progress and I'm almost certain that I'll be approved. 

My question is, I'm in a relationship since Apr 2014, but I haven't included my partner as a De facto as per my educational agent as it'll slim the approval rate. However, I really want her to be with me in Australia. So I'm thinking to marry her after my visa is approved. Will this be a good idea? Or should I wait a few months and then marry her? 

The problem is, she doesn't have any bank statement, property or any strong ties in Bangladesh which can be shown to the DIBP. So in this case, what can be the solution and what evidence do we have to show to the DIBP in order to make the marriage/relationship true and bring her to Australia with student dependent visa?

4 hours ago, benj1980 said:

Without evidence that you are together it will be very difficult. You should speak to an approved agent.

What if I don't show them my past duration and only show marriage certificate?

Do you have suggestions on which approved agent to speak with?

On 17/09/2017 at 06:47, Shanny said:

Hi,

I'm from Bangladesh. I've traveled Australia 4 times with Visitor visa. Now I've applied for Vocational student visa on 13th Sept 2017, the application is under progress and I'm almost certain that I'll be approved. 

My question is, I'm in a relationship since Apr 2014, but I haven't included my partner as a De facto as per my educational agent as it'll slim the approval rate. However, I really want her to be with me in Australia. So I'm thinking to marry her after my visa is approved. Will this be a good idea? Or should I wait a few months and then marry her? 

The problem is, she doesn't have any bank statement, property or any strong ties in Bangladesh which can be shown to the DIBP. So in this case, what can be the solution and what evidence do we have to show to the DIBP in order to make the marriage/relationship true and bring her to Australia with student dependent visa?

The problem you have is that you have begun a visa pathway based on advice from an Education Agent. Now you are in the dilemma of trying to fix the situation rather than having done the right thing in the first place. Trying to obtain advice on a public forum, based on the minimal advice in your post, is probably only going to make the situation worse.

• Like 2

I think you should speak with a migration agent (such as Raul, above) instead of an education agent.  From the DIBP website....
" You and your family members can make a combined application or they can apply to join you later provided you declared them in your student visa application or they became a family member after the grant of your student visa (such as a newborn baby)."  I've added the bolding/underlining to highlight what your education agent seems to have overlooked.