register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

UKFrann

Re-entering after claiming DASP

Hi all,

I have just left Australia after doing an exchange program from my home University in the UK for one year on a Student-Working visa. 

I have a question regarding Superannuation (DASP). I am completely at grips with the ATO and Tax return (already claimed this for the year 2016/17) and that I am entitled to claim my Superannuation back via the DASP online system.

My question (and I am unsure as to whether this is a myth or not) is whether would claiming my Superannuation for the past year affect any future chances of myself re-entering Australia with the intention of living there permanently one day on a different visa and starting to earn Superannuation again?

I understand this is perhaps quite vague but my bottom-line question is if I claim back my Super now, will I be able to apply for a Working visa in the future and be able to extend this eventually to permanent residency/citizenship and start a new superannuation fund?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by UKFrann

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NLKelly
        My partner and I are looking for some advice on the best way to apply for our PR visa as we are both skilled, can anyone recommend a good agent to use in Perth please?
        Thanks in advance. 
      • By samgreensted
        Hi All,
        I am currently a resident of the UK and have been going out with my girlfriend, who is from New Zealand for 6 months now. Her sponsorship in the UK will run out in October of next year and we're looking for a move to Brisbane, Australia. We've looked into partner Visas but we're not sure if she's eligible as a sponsor as she hasn't been living in Australia amongst other things. Can you help at all? Any advice would be much appreciated.
        Thank you
        Sam
      • By Cerberus1
        According to a recent Australian Population Research Institute survey, three quarters of Australians believe the country doesn't need any more people while 54% want a reduction in the annual migrant intake.
        The organisation's researchers, Katharine Betts and Bob Birrell, say the result shows a disconnect between the political elites' commitment to high immigration policies and the concerns of voters.
        In their analysis, they said the results are driven by the impact of population growth on people's quality of life.
        Australia's population increased by 389,000 people to 24.5 million in the year to March, largely due to the arrival of new immigrants.
        Most people who migrate to Australia are skilled workers (68%) and about a third make the move to be with family.
        But 74% of those surveyed believe Australia is "already full", with most pointing to roads congestion, hospitals capacity, affordable housing and fewer jobs as evidence.
        Mr Birrell said "population pressures" significantly contributed to this result. 
        "For most Australian voters, the problems associated with Australia’s very high population growth, which is higher than other developed countries are now starting to bite," he said. 
        "We’re seeing that in our survey that most respondents thought that population pressures were adding  to difficulties of urban congestion, housing affordability, job competing and the like. It's hardly surprising that 74% of them would respond by saying Australia doesn’t need more people."
        Immigration minister Peter Dutton reacted cautiously to the survey results on Thursday, stating that the government was "always looking at the migration numbers" to get the balance right. 
        "In the Labor years the number peaked at about 305,900 in one year which was an enormous number, we've got that number down now below 190,000 and as I say, we’re happy to reassess."
        He said new migrants were drawn to the big population centres where pressure on housing and infrastructure was most often felt, however, "In some regional towns they’re crying out for people because they can’t get workers in the meatworks or areas of primary production, tourism, restaurants and so on. So we need to get that balance right."
        The institute commissioned the survey from July 31 to August 17 this year, where a random national sample of 2067 voters, drawn from an online panel of 300,000 people, were asked questions about Australia's immigration and population policies.
      • By thepassionate
        Hi,

I have a problem here.
        I am currently in the EOI queue with 65 points.
        Recently, I got 79+ in PTE and waiting to update it in EOI , so my score will turn to 75.
        But, my wife is pregnant now.
        I have questions like,
        1. Is this the right time to update EOI, because I might get invite soon
        2. If I proceed, file VISA, my wife can't produce her health certificate, so how long can I hold the VISA process ?
        3. Or should I wait for 2-3 months, update my EOI and proceed for VISA as I might hold the VISA process for a shorter period.

Experts plz guide?
      • By TJB
        I have searched the internet for an answer and can't find one. My husband and i need a USA police check (FBI check). We have different surnames. Should we send these separately in different envelopes or can we send them together? This seems like such a trivial question but I'm really confused by this. I'm guessing it should be sent in separate envelopes?

Kind regards.