register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

NimaGhaemi

6 weeks on and no visa. Is it my FORM 80!? advice please

Hi guys

I am a British born citizen, my mum is English and my dad Iranian.  I hold an Iranian passport however not classed as an official citizen.  

I applied for a working holiday visa nearly 6 weeks ago now on the 7th of August - in the initial application I declared I had an Iranian passport but wasn't a citizen.  2 weeks later I received the 'form 80' which I filled in and returned asap. 

When I applied for the visa I was told it shouldn't take any longer than 4 weeks therefore booked my flights 6 weeks in advance (this Sunday) however, I still haven't been granted a WHV and have heard nothing, when I call the Visa Bureau they say they can not update me and its a waiting game however it shouldn't take longer than 8 weeks.  I have ultimately had to push my flight back by 3 weeks which has cost me an extra £500. 

The only reason why my application is taking so long is due to me declaring I have an Iranian passport... 

Could anyone shed some light as to if it will pass the 8 weeks mark? if it could go on for longer? and how I can get a an update and who from? I am currently left in the dark without knowing, job interviews have been cancelled and I lost out on the Airbnb I had booked for the first month.

Please guys anything here would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nima 

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

26 minutes ago, NimaGhaemi said:

Hi guys

I am a British born citizen, my mum is English and my dad Iranian.  I hold an Iranian passport however not classed as an official citizen.  

I applied for a working holiday visa nearly 6 weeks ago now on the 7th of August - in the initial application I declared I had an Iranian passport but wasn't a citizen.  2 weeks later I received the 'form 80' which I filled in and returned asap. 

When I applied for the visa I was told it shouldn't take any longer than 4 weeks therefore booked my flights 6 weeks in advance (this Sunday) however, I still haven't been granted a WHV and have heard nothing, when I call the Visa Bureau they say they can not update me and its a waiting game however it shouldn't take longer than 8 weeks.  I have ultimately had to push my flight back by 3 weeks which has cost me an extra £500. 

The only reason why my application is taking so long is due to me declaring I have an Iranian passport... 

Could anyone shed some light as to if it will pass the 8 weeks mark? if it could go on for longer? and how I can get a an update and who from? I am currently left in the dark without knowing, job interviews have been cancelled and I lost out on the Airbnb I had booked for the first month.

Please guys anything here would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nima 

DIBP are quite probably carrying out security chcks with Iran, and that can take many weeks, its totally down to the Iranian end of the operation and how quickly they respond.

Thanks

Would it be beneficial to chase the Iranian officials? or would I be fighting a loosing battle? 

I know you can't give me a timeframe however I could be waiting months rather than weeks?

I am also planning on going to Tehran for 5 days in about a weeks time.  Would you suggest I don't go due to the security checks as it may slow things down?

9 hours ago, NimaGhaemi said:

Thanks

Would it be beneficial to chase the Iranian officials? or would I be fighting a loosing battle? 

I know you can't give me a timeframe however I could be waiting months rather than weeks?

How would you find out which officials DIBP had sent it to? They aren't likely to share that info with you. 

IT is impossible to say. It could take another few weeks, it could take months. It could even be refused. 

IT is impossible to say. It could take another few weeks, it could take months. It could even be refused.