gravy train to docklands from williamstown

Guest tommo_shrews

Guest tommo_shrews

hi,

just started looking into 'where to live' if I am working in Docklands. I am wondering if williamstown or port melbourne is a good place to be. Coming over with my other half and daughter (9 mnths) and looking for nice area with a sensible commute to docklands.

Also how easy is it to find furnished 2/3 bed rental as on a sponsored visa and not going to buy. Furnished seems to hard to find, though.

Should be in Melbourne by October.:spinny:

Guest Pinhead
hi,

just started looking into 'where to live' if I am working in Docklands. I am wondering if williamstown or port melbourne is a good place to be. Coming over with my other half and daughter (9 mnths) and looking for nice area with a sensible commute to docklands.

Also how easy is it to find furnished 2/3 bed rental as on a sponsored visa and not going to buy. Furnished seems to hard to find, though.

Williamstown is beautiful but expensive.

Is it just you or your whole family?

There are loads of apartment to live in at the docklands, Southbank or CBD if it's just you

Guest Hello Kitty
hi,

If you are working in Docklands than I would probably choose Port Melbourne area or an apartment in Docklands itself. Port Melbourne has alot of newish apartments in Beacon Cove which is right next to the beach. The beach is fine - not the best beach around but perfectly adequate for a swim on a hot night but it also has a walking/bike path all the way along with goes for miles and miles. Bay Street is the main shopping area of Port Melbourne which has lots of cafes, shops etc. It is easy to get into the city by catching the light rail which goes straight into the middle of the city. Also Docklands is 5 minutes drive away. I think the Port Melbourne area would be a very convienient and pleasant place to live. There are also lots of apartment in Docklands which is new, modern and great views of the city skyline. The disadvantage of Docklands is that is a bit cut off from the city. Trams go by all the time though. Not much in the way of shops there but heaps of restaurants.

This website has some info on Beacon Cove Port Melbourne:

Beacon Cove Real Estate Waterfront Development in Port Melbourne Victoria Aus

Also here are some photos of Port Melbourne/Beacon Cove area:

beacon cove port melbourne pictures - Google Image Search

Guest tommo_shrews

thanks hello kitty and pinhead. all info received gratefully.

question - is it easy to find furnished accomodation as debating whether to ship lots or a little.

must do a bit or work now but back on later.

Guest Pinhead

There are probably generally more unfurnished than furnished properties to rent but in the new apartment blocks such as in the Docklands/Southbank,etc they were often sold with furniture packs.

Personally unless you have a lot of new, high value items I wouldn't bother shipping them.

I'm only taking what I can get into a few suitcases.

Archived