Which part of the UK did you come from?

Purplethunder

Guest scouse

Born in Liverpool, moved to Formby when I was 7 and lived all my married life in Southport before moving to Tweed Heads on the NSW/Queensland border and love it.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently on the wirral with family in liverpool, after 20 years in Melbourne you tend to forget how much you miss family. I have brought my 10 year old daughter over and she is amazed at how many family and friends there are. Its also so laid back compared with Melbourne, good luck with your move back.

Currently on the wirral with family in liverpool, after 20 years in Melbourne you tend to forget how much you miss family. I have brought my 10 year old daughter over and she is amazed at how many family and friends there are. Its also so laid back compared with Melbourne, good luck with your move back.

thanks scousers!!! hope you have a "boss" time in liverpool, I know we did when we visited home!!!!

Genuine people and you 4get that when the media and stereotypical views on liverpool are slammed in your face on a regular basis. We never realised what we had until it was gone!!!

Best of luck and ave a safe journey back

Possie:hug:

Kent and going to Melbourne(if they let us in):laugh:.Its nice to see other people opting for Melbourne,i was begining to think we were the only ones:wink:

Guest Stephen Clark
Kent and going to Melbourne(if they let us in):laugh:.Its nice to see other people opting for Melbourne,i was begining to think we were the only ones:wink:

Hi ebstar. The reason many people go to other places in Australia is because the weather is warmer further north. However Melbourne is a great and vibrant city with something for everone. Great resstaurants,Zoos, Museums Theatre etc. Also Victoria is a beautiful state with lots to see and do. Great beaches, Mountains, a bit of outback and lots of provincial cities. Good luck

moved from Manchester 2006 to Victoria,went back to Manchester 2007 for nine months,was missing Manchester and surrounding areas as well as familiar faces and the brilliant public transport,did the tourist thing every single day, couldn't get enough of it,was brilliant,then arrived back in Australia to join my family here,would you believe going back was the best thing i could have done,now completely feel at home in Oz as i know going back, as long as you have the funds to do so as easy as,I reckon knowing you cant finance return journeys back gives you the feeling of isolation from your roots (dont say roots in Oz) lol :rolleyes:

Guest Jen Naylor

Hi, we moved from Bolton (North West) to Melbourne 2 years ago. We've just had a house built in Pakenham, 1 hr from Melbourne city. We have a 4 yr old (5 in Oct) who now knows Australia as home. he's really happy.

Loving the new life and have no regrets :biggrin:

Guest Jen Naylor

Bolton (North West) to Victoria 2 years ago. Just had a house built in Pakenham. Hubby, myself and 4 yr old son (5 in Oct) are loving our new life. We are back in UK for 3 wks in Nov (just to see family) but we have no regrets about moving and miss nothing about the UK!!...not very patriotic are we :wink:

your ok for the train from there to the city,seen Pakenham has had a lot of changes over the last year or two,on pics it looks good,on a long holiday lasting 21 months about eight years ago we lived in Narre Warren,loved it as it felt busy like Manchester(Sale we lived) now in Portland,look it up on the map 10,000 residents,beautiful place,noted for the best place for tuna fishing,very busy in the summer with tourists the journey is very enjoyable both the Great Ocean road or the highway now settled and got really good friends,good to here you are settled lovely country

Guest mikeandnicole

Guisborough, Cleveland. To South Africa in 82, to Sydney 2009 Jan', next stop Brisbane Jan 2010........Then that's the finish for me.....

Hi, we moved from Bolton (North West) to Melbourne 2 years ago. We've just had a house built in Pakenham, 1 hr from Melbourne city. We have a 4 yr old (5 in Oct) who now knows Australia as home. he's really happy.

Loving the new life and have no regrets :biggrin:

Hi Pakenham is one of the places we are looking at possably for our recci in feb.Whats it like?We have 3 kiddies 12,8 & 7.Any info would be grately apprieciated.:jiggy:

Archived