Which part of the UK did you come from?

Purplethunder

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stephen Clark

I came from York just over 31 years ago now. I must admit I never expected it to go so quickly although I suppose that over all of that time all sorts of things have happened, some of it goo and some of it bad. Living in a wonderfull country doesnt always shield you from difficult times. I love visiting Yorkshire as I have a brother there as well as other relatives, but when I first went back having lived here at that time for twenty years, I felt very strange, almost like a foregner in my own country,but having been back a few times I feel more at home again each time I return. York does not change much fortunately and the Yorkshire Dales are just wonderful. However I have never thought of going back to live as I have always loved living in Australia (Melbourne) I am glad I foun PomsinOz because I have always felt that we are not very good at forming any kind of associations as do other Europeans here.

This is my first post. Hope its ok

Stephen Clark:laugh:

Guest Marie and Paul

Born in Essex, moved around before meeting OH in Colchester, then moved to Germany, then Brunei, then Gosport, then Catterick and now a wet and cold Wodonga, Victoria.

I came from York just over 31 years ago now. I must admit I never expected it to go so quickly although I suppose that over all of that time all sorts of things have happened, some of it goo and some of it bad. Living in a wonderfull country doesnt always shield you from difficult times. I love visiting Yorkshire as I have a brother there as well as other relatives, but when I first went back having lived here at that time for twenty years, I felt very strange, almost like a foregner in my own country,but having been back a few times I feel more at home again each time I return. York does not change much fortunately and the Yorkshire Dales are just wonderful. However I have never thought of going back to live as I have always loved living in Australia (Melbourne) I am glad I foun PomsinOz because I have always felt that we are not very good at forming any kind of associations as do other Europeans here.

This is my first post. Hope its ok

Stephen Clark:laugh:

Hi and welcome Stephen, great first post

Tania X

Guest Stephen Clark
Hi Stephen, welcome to Pomsinoz!!

jackie xx

Hi Jackie. Thanks for your comments. How is Perth

Guest Nicki
Just wondering the demographics of where people originated from in the UK, so which county did you come from and where have you ended up?

Hi

We are from Marlow Buckinghamshire

Guest shawgorbys

HI great reads we are in sunny oldham (oris it POLAND,NIGERIAOH &PAKISTANIS ) and im not being racist but us BRITS theres not many off us left we are heading to perth asap see you all soon take care andrea,gary,jack,tom,

Guest jackie Macdonald
Hi Jackie. Thanks for your comments. How is Perth

It looks lovely today I must admit, now we have got the good weather back!! I hope you enjoy posting, it is very addictive!

jackie x

Guest tinadahills

my husbands from the wirral i'm from Pontefract Yorkshire, now we're in sanctuary lakes point cook melbourne

Guest tess
my husbands from the wirral i'm from Pontefract Yorkshire, now we're in sanctuary lakes point cook melbourne

hi, wer'r just round the corner from you in point cook. how are you doing? there are quite a few of us from poms around you so if you want company give us a shout. tess xx

Guest Mark Evans

From Longridge (pop. 8000), Preston, Lancs UK to Kogarah in Sydney 10 years ago.... Still don't know many people here!! Can't afford to go back to UK!!!

Archived