Which part of the UK did you come from?

Purplethunder

Guest Vim Fuego

Chatham (Kent) to Brisbane.

And I praise whoever looks after me every day that I did ... see the song 'Hometown' by Bowling For Soup.

If Kent is the 'Garden of England' then Chatham is the toolshed.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lsaywell21@hotmail.co.uk

hey there ,i lived in dundee in scotland,thn moved to swindon in england thn from there i moved to tattershall in lincolnshire,and after tht adventure we are now living in DARWIN australia,

lovin it and lovin the hot hot weather,

id recomend living here,so much to so as a family and to see:hug:

Guest HeidiC

Lived in Peterborough Cambridgeshire, now live in sunny Brisbane. Anyone who is struggling to sell their house in order to come over here...just bite the bullet and drop the price! We lost LOADS on our house yet have been here for 5 months now and our lifestyle is totally incomparable to anything that we could of ever dreamed of in the UK...well worth the stress and temporary lack of funds.....

Guest jewels1356

used to live in hornchurch essex not buderim qld

not much diffrence really " honest"

julie

Guest Little Stalky
Malmesbury, Wiltshire

to

Melbourne CBD (at the mo, but not for long, then the NE suburbs hopefully)

via

Grimsby NE Lincs (where I worked, met my husband and had our 3 yr old daughter)

Also from Wiltshire :smile:, Westbury most recently and have now moved to Shellharbour, NSW

Lived in Peterborough Cambridgeshire, now live in sunny Brisbane. Anyone who is struggling to sell their house in order to come over here...just bite the bullet and drop the price! We lost LOADS on our house yet have been here for 5 months now and our lifestyle is totally incomparable to anything that we could of ever dreamed of in the UK...well worth the stress and temporary lack of funds.....

We have just got back from our validation trip and its made me feel a whole lot better about dropping the price of our house, we just want to go back out there now ASAP, and enjoy the trappings of a nice lifestyle

Tania X

Guest spadgersdad

Good old Robin Hood country, Worksop, Nottingham now living in Cleveland, Bayside, Australia and absolutely loving it !!!!

Read the first 18 pages of this thread and it confirms my long held theory in that very few people want to leave London for Australia even though there are 7/8 Million potential Emigrants!

Most departees seem to be from The Midlands/North and Scotland(in particular).

Why is this, considering most Emigrants say that there are moving because of the attractions of Australia?

If it is Oz thats so inviting why do so few Londoners want to depart and yet a much higher ratio of people do from other parts of Britain Guys?

I'm from Staffordshire, yet many Brits I know here are from Essex/London - desperate to get out of the rat-race!

I'm from Stoke in Staffordshire, hoping to go to Mornington Victoria

Tania X

We were down in Mornington last night for a friend's 40th. She's from Congleton ... also met a couple at the party from Warrington and Essex. Elizabee is from Stoke on Trent and lives in Mornington. Nice place!

Guest AmandaJ

I was born in UK - Braintree, Essex. My parents moved to Dubai in 1981 and after doing my education in UK I moved to Kuwait then Dubai and from Dubai I have ended up in Sydney - and loving it so far - even if it is a little chilly at the mo

Guest proud2beaussie
even if it is a little chilly at the mo

It'll get even more chilly Amanda,but don't worry,winter doesn't last long in Sydney,by the end of September things will be starting to warm up again.

You'll love it then,spring in Sydney is great.

Cheers

N'OZ

We have just got back from our validation trip and its made me feel a whole lot better about dropping the price of our house, we just want to go back out there now ASAP, and enjoy the trappings of a nice lifestyle

Tania X

that great glad you enjoyed your trip at least you have more peace of mind now about the whole process well done

Guest jackie Macdonald

Originally from Abridge (nr Chigwell) Essex, moved to Surrey Quays, London SE1, then moved to Leaden Roding (nr Chelmsford, Essex), onto Sydney for 2 years, back to Essex. Now living in Perth!!

Archived