Which part of the UK did you come from?

Purplethunder

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whiskeyonesix

I was from Walsall in the Black Country, now in sunny Perth!

( Less Chavs , but more Villa Fans - how does that work??? )

Guest ozpaula

Born in Poole, Dorset - came to Oz in 2000 - started out on a property in Ourimbah near Gosford, (Central Coast) - ended up in Carlingford (Sydney suburb). Off to Tasmania next month to see what life's about down there. If it suits will move.

Guest snow white

sounds like youve seen a bit of oz already let me know what you think of tassie have friends there they love it

lesley x

Guest Stan Angus

I came to OZ from Tyneside, after Milirary Service I could not get used to the miserable existence of Geordie life. I had to get out there and LIVE,,:twitcy:

• 2 months later...
Guest Wolvesboy

Originally from sunny Wolverhampton, then West London (Uni), then Stevenage (fun). Many Wolves fans in Perth? Can't believe there are many Villa fans here?!!

Guest The Hoys hoping.........

Adelaide to Kingsbury in Staffordshire to Northampton for OH and London to Northampton for me.

Heading for Bunbury in WA 9 weeks today!

Dare I say that we are excited now? :-)

Guest ALBO73

Gosh! your a newbie here then? Ringwood north thats about

20 mins along the maroondah highway.

How you settling in?

Guest EmmyB

we seem to have 2 threads going on here! I am really missing friends back home......it's weird not being able to call them up and say hey come over this weekend for karaoke, takeaway and wine! I thought I would find it easy to settle in, but finding it hard at the moment....suppose it gets easier...the weathers rubbish at the moment, so that doesn't help. Some friends are coming down from Brisbane next weekend, so that should be good!

Em

Guest EmmyB

I'm finding Melbourne a bit built up...I'd never been before...only to Sydney and Brisbane and in my naivity thought that Melbourne would be similar. i found Brisbane to be more spaced out and rural....but here is busier.....it's lovely up Mount Dandenongs and in the Yarra Valley......but we need to live near the city for hubby to go to work...I've only been here 4 weeks, so can't really judge it yet!

Em

Guest EmmyB

how do I PM you? Only be on this for a few days!!!! Would love more info on living in Brisbane.

Em

Guest guest30038
how do I PM you? Only be on this for a few days!!!! Would love more info on living in Brisbane.

Em

Go to my name top left. Click it and you will see a drop down menu. click on 'send private message'

kev

Guest tlander56
I was born in Gorleston On Sea,Norfolk in 1960 and moved to Brisbane in 1965 with my parents,then on to Adelaide,Sydney and Melbourne,Now Tallangatta in N/E Victoria but in April back to the UK to

be with the GF in Biggin Hill.A long journey,Australia has been my home for nigh on 44 years and always will be but 't Yookay"as my late dad used to call it will be home for a while.

HAHAHA...I know Gorleston on Sea! My dad used to take us to a sweet shop there every Sunday afternoon!:yes:

Just wondering the demographics of where people originated from in the UK, so which county did you come from and where have you ended up?

Preston, Lancashire ............... via Papua New Guinea (10 years); Solomon Islands (3 years) to Carramar north of Perth.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blandenlaw

Malmesbury, Wiltshire

to

Melbourne CBD (at the mo, but not for long, then the NE suburbs hopefully)

via

Grimsby NE Lincs (where I worked, met my husband and had our 3 yr old daughter)

Archived