Best sun lotion

sunshinedawn

3 hours ago, unzippy said:

As a fresh off the boat imigrant from the UK, I can recomend this:

https://www.cancercouncilshop.org.au/product/sunscreen-active-range.html

I’ve not burnt yet and this applies really nice and isn’t sticky to the touch - I can’t tell I’m wearing it!

My OH and youngest son like this one for the same reason.  It’s the only sunscreen my son will use.

Thank you, I wasn't too sure if the UK ones would provide the same protection as the Australian ones

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PomsinOz mobile app

When we moved to QLD we were told our UK sun creams wouldn’t work but they did. I have found them equally cheap on offer in both countries(and way cheaper in Au if you get the big pump top cartons that I see some families keep by the front door or swimming pools provide) and getting it in Australia also means you don’t risk having sun cream covered clothes in the suitcase on arrival [emoji31]
  • Like 1

The cancer council Slip, Slop, Slap message has been going for about 30 years I believe (may be longer) and has certainly done a lot for sun protection awareness - most kids will be able to tell you  what it means. Slip on a shirt, Slop on the sun cream and Slap on a hat ... I think they added Seek (shade) and Slip (on wrap round sunnies).When my two were in primary there was a no hat no play rule - if you didn't have a hat you had to stay in the shade.

• Like 1

I agree 100% with Toots' sunscreen recommendation.

That particular one (active) I've found also does not stain your white clothes/shirt collars.  Many shops have it on half price or similar at the moment too. 

Edited by stamples

On 24/12/2017 at 11:51, ali said:

The cancer council Slip, Slop, Slap message has been going for about 30 years I believe (may be longer) and has certainly done a lot for sun protection awareness - most kids will be able to tell you  what it means. Slip on a shirt, Slop on the sun cream and Slap on a hat ... I think they added Seek (shade) and Slip (on wrap round sunnies).When my two were in primary there was a no hat no play rule - if you didn't have a hat you had to stay in the shade.

Yes the message has certainly got through to most of the population.  When I first came to Australia older people had dreadful skin.  Many women by the age of 60 had very deep wrinkles all over their bodies and lots of other skin damage.  Now you don't see that much except for the odd person who is a total sun worshipper.  Young women have lovely skin because they look after it.