Employer sponsored Visa ?

JD3006

Hi 

Ive Just been offered a job by an employer willing to sponsor me on a 186 in Victoria for a job that covers ANSCO 212314 film and video editor currently on the skills list. 

Im currently on a working holiday visa that expires on 1st Dec 2017. 

Any ideas on the waiting time for "employer sponsored" visa and if I run out of time after submission will I be able to apply for a bridging visa A ? 

Thanks for the info. 

45 minutes ago, JD3006 said:

Hi 

Ive Just been offered a job by an employer willing to sponsor me on a 186 in Victoria for a job that covers ANSCO 212314 film and video editor currently on the skills list. 

Im currently on a working holiday visa that expires on 1st Dec 2017. 

Any ideas on the waiting time for "employer sponsored" visa and if I run out of time after submission will I be able to apply for a bridging visa A ? 

Thanks for the info. 

Hi There - You can find the info here http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186- Currently anywhere between 8-13 months depending on how your apply. 

Thanks for the reply and the link.. although it has some info on it, it lacks what is probably frequently asked questions. 

Such as if I accept the job offer can I start work straight away for the employer and how does that effect the rules on my current visa. 

Also I have seen the Gov website on Cat A bridging visas. will I be entitled to one with a job offer in hand. seeing as my current working holiday runs out in December and it can take 8+ months to get a visa decision back for the job offer. 

I would recommend an agent is used for your application as a 186 isn't just a case of you getting a job offer and applying. There are a number of hoops the business has to jump through. A number of these prevent many businesses from sponsoring. On your side you will need a skills assessment

5 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I would recommend an agent is used for your application as a 186 isn't just a case of you getting a job offer and applying. There are a number of hoops the business has to jump through. A number of these prevent many businesses from sponsoring. On your side you will need a skills assessment

Yes I'm aware of these hoops.. the employer has seeked the advice from an Authorised Agent to make sure they comply and I have already had a skills assessment performed and verified for 8 years worth of work by Vetasses. and currently I have scored 70/60 on an EOI for a Tasy state nomination visa that I applied for before this job offer came through. I am yet to apply direct to Tas via their Immigration website application and still able to change my application if this employer can indeed sponsor me. 

has any one here applied for a Bridging Cat A visa and what was asked of you to submit and time taken to receive one?

1 hour ago, MaggieMay24 said:

You don't apply for a bridging visa A, it is automatically given to you when you lodge your onshore application while holding a substantive visa.

Oh ok, so when I Apply to either this employer sponsor.. ( hoping the agent says its all good ) or the State Nominated Visa for Tasmania. it will auto grant me a Bridging visa until a decision is made? 

Sorry for the constant questions, Having Dyslexia makes it hard to understand the complicated Gov website. 

Im also sorting out an Agent to assist also but thought I would see what you guys say on here too. 

Thanks 

Archived