189/190 - Cabinetmaker Journey

Haider Ali

Hello

I am a newbie to this forum! I tend to update this thread with my PR journey.  I haven't applied for even assessment yet. Will be needing your guy's suggestions etc :)

I am going to apply for the 189 Cabinet Maker (3941) and I have a few questions regarding the points before sending the EOI.

Let's say If I get 60 points, is there a long time to wait for the invitation or since there is almost no one applying as cabinet maker, would it go faster since this trade is in demand in Australia but only a few people apply. Or do all trades end up in the same pile? You know what I am trying to ask!

I have checked the Occupation Ceiling 2017/2018 for Cabinet Maker on http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/ it's 1905 for year 2017/2018 and none has been granted yet. My current location is Pakistan (if that helps).

Thanks!

First, do not complete an eoi before your skills assessment.
it is very difficult to predict invite times at the moment due to the recent changes.

Sent my documents for skills assessment.

What I am wondering is, not much people were issued invites last year, only 4-5 out of 1000's

Is it a good thing?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

Once you have the your documents assessment results comes positive then you have to proceed to next stage i.e. Technical interview...
Noe one thing you have to check is that is your trade required technical interview or not...
Once you clear technical interview them you have to file EOI... Once your EOI hets approved then you will be awarded PR. (Medical is also required before filing EOI)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using PomsinOz mobile app

Once you have the your documents assessment results comes positive then you have to proceed to next stage i.e. Technical interview...
Noe one thing you have to check is that is your trade required technical interview or not...
Once you clear technical interview them you have to file EOI... Once your EOI hets approved then you will be awarded PR. (Medical is also required before filing EOI)

How do I check if a technical interview is required for my occupation!

As i stated earliet if assessing authority is vetasses then stage 1 will be documents verification and stage 2 will be technical interview

Yes I understand that. I have read the info on the screenshots you have shared.

The assessing authority for cabinet maker is TRA. Do they require some sort of technical interview as well??

6d8cc00ffbe68e95a347dffd1c004a53.jpg

U need to discuss with MARN Agent he will guide you with all details..

Will do. Thanks

Btw does the pre qualification experience counts? I have heard it counts where the degree/diploma is not really a requirement to do work. Like welders, carpenters etc but i doesn't count in the fields like IT or Medical, where first you need to get a proper education! And then start working!

What are your thoughts in my case?

Yes in skill trades the experience is counted irrespective of the qualification.... And i think your category level is type 3..
It means if you have 5 years of experience then qualification is not mandatory.....
Basis the experience your first stage of assessment can be done... Followed by interview

But one important thing here is whatever experience you are showing it should be have proper document proofs like appointment letter, relieving letter monthly payslips etc...

Yes in skill trades the experience is counted irrespective of the qualification.... And i think your category level is type 3..
It means if you have 5 years of experience then qualification is not mandatory.....
Basis the experience your first stage of assessment can be done... Followed by interview

But one important thing here is whatever experience you are showing it should be have proper document proofs like appointment letter, relieving letter monthly payslips etc...

Do I have to show all the monthly slips for past 8 years of experience?

My employer paid me in cash with a payslip. I never had a bank transaction from my employer!

Also, I don't think I will have payslips of every month! But I want to claim maximum points!

What would you suggest..

My dear friend you need to submit payslips atleasr for last three years...
And where ever you have worked on cash then you need to get the same mentioned on the task and duties letter which you will be getting from your employers..
The more payslips you share it will strengthen your case.

And if you don't have payslips then you can show your bank passbook as a proof of your salary

My dear friend you need to submit payslips atleasr for last three years...
And where ever you have worked on cash then you need to get the same mentioned on the task and duties letter which you will be getting from your employers..
The more payslips you share it will strengthen your case.

And if you don't have payslips then you can show your bank passbook as a proof of your salary

Got it.

Let's see if my employer can share the payslips of past 8 years.

I have worked with a single company for last 8+ years. (Will this count to be a plus point etc?)

Before that I was learning at a few different places for a few months (that's wasn't paid jobs). So I guess those won't be included for the assessment!

My suggestion is not to include that short experience as more employers means more verification so its better to stick to one employer who can help you with all the required documents you will be required to get positive assessment
Hope you understand my point of view..

Yes i understand your point of view.

Can you enlist the documents I need from the employer?