Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Working holiday visa for self employed person

    Recommended Posts

    Hi, wondering if anyone here could help me. Tried ringing the High Commission but couldn't get through. 


    I'm Australian, but my girlfriend is British. We were looking at going to Australia for about 6 months and getting a working holiday visa for her. She is currently self employed, running a jewellery shop on Etsy where she needs to post out jewellery. 


    It's almost like a digital nomad job but she has to do some physical work and send out orders. Is it OK to do this on a WHV? there's very little information for self employed people with these visas. If it's less than 6 months I believe we won't be taxed in Australia which would simplify things. Her business will run from a UK Ltd company. 

    As she is allowed to work in Australia she was also considering doing some markets. In which case that money is probably taxable on Australia. 

    Also, as I'm Australian, and she's not, do immigration look at that with suspicion? I.e trying to sneak in long term. Our plan isn't to stay, in fact we're in the process of moving to Canada (visa for that takes a year, so we figured we'd do this in between) 

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now