Do immigration contact ex partners for consent for childrens visas

Cheryl and Wayne

Hello, I have recently applied for visa and have completed 1229 consent form to enable children to obtain visas signed by their father. Does anyone know whether it is normal practice for immigtation to make contact with expartners in such cases? 

Hi if you are from U.K. And absent parent not on birth certificate and has not gone for parental rights, and has no contact with the child you can do a statutory declaration stating under British law s/he has no parental rights etc and get it signed and stamped by a solicitor there will be a charge for this.
However if you do get on with absent parent and they ok with you taking child to live in Australia so much easier to get them to sign and again via solicitor as all verified.

7 hours ago, alisongw said:

Hi if you are from U.K. And absent parent not on birth certificate and has not gone for parental rights, and has no contact with the child you can do a statutory declaration stating under British law s/he has no parental rights etc and get it signed and stamped by a solicitor there will be a charge for this.
However if you do get on with absent parent and they ok with you taking child to live in Australia so much easier to get them to sign and again via solicitor as all verified.

Father has signed form 1229 no solicitor involved. They requested that I upload a copy if drivers licence but no other request as yet.  Do they tend to drip feed requests for information as I would have thought if they needed any further information they would have asked at same time? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2017 at 10:32, alisongw said:

Father has signed form 1229 no solicitor involved. They requested that I upload a copy if drivers licence but no other request as yet.  Do they tend to drip feed requests for information as I