Petraveller Pet Transport

Lisagail

Can't say I've ever heard of them tbh. 

If you are flying Aus to UK people tend to post on here about Dogtainers?? I think thats the name of the company. Also perhaps use the forum search for reviews? 

Thanks I have tried to google reviews but just goes to Facebook. They are relatively new players. We are flying to USA.

i have a good quote with Dogtainers and they seem to get good reviews. Might have to stop obessessing. Just worried about my babies.

We used Dogtainers Oz to UK last year and were very worried about our fur baby - he is very delicate and VERY loved. But they were fantastic. We had to drop him at their office a fair few hours before the flight and we were worried about him just being stuck in a crate. But they kept us updated through the day with emails and photos showing him being cuddled and played with by the staff. They were in essence wonderful. Highly recommend Dogtainers

• Thanks 1

Guest The Pom Queen

I've never heard of them. My recommendations are:

'UK to Oz

Petair - Bob the director of petair is a vet so he is also interested in the health and wellbeing of your pet rather than treating them as a piece of cargo which a number of pet transport companies do. Petair have been around for a very long time and have the best reputation in the industry and would be the only person I would trust my babies with.

Oz - UK 

Dogtainers or Jetpets both are well known in Australia

Oz Interstate

Dogtainers (although I've recently sent 4 pups interstate and found dogtainers the most expensive)

Jetpets - very competitive 

Moorholme - A smaller company each state is franchised and usually owned by a dog breeder so they keep their rates very competitive to cater for the show/breeder market 

Baycity - Again a show breeder owned company who also have good rates

• 4 months later...

Hi @Lisagail I'd like to know if you ended up using Petraveller, as I am thinking of using them too. I have only found great reviews of them on the internet (mostly their facebook page, true but google as well). I'm moving to Italy from Oz this year and am stressing about our 2 cats. Thanks!

Guest The Pom Queen
5 hours ago, MFG said:

Hi @Lisagail I'd like to know if you ended up using Petraveller, as I am thinking of using them too. I have only found great reviews of them on the internet (mostly their facebook page, true but google as well). I'm moving to Italy from Oz this year and am stressing about our 2 cats. Thanks!

If I’m right Lenny is the one behind Pet Traveller, I don’t know many who have used him in Australia in the dog world but do know of him.

Hi

Yes, I did use Petraveller, a mammoth job moving 5 dogs 2 cats to Wichita KS.
Lenny and his team were amazing. This type of move with so many pets from the one home not heard of. 
I was sick with stress as never heard of Petraveller. I did check all credentials and Australian business register and scam watch and pet transport governing body.
Lenny was with me all the way and trusted such a big job to only himself. Poor Lenny had a lot of late nights due to time differences just making sure all 7 on correct flights. There were issues on the American side out of Lenny’s control but he covered them and took care of any situation to ensure nothing went amiss.
We have decided America not for us for many reasons.
I am trusting a Lenny and his team to get my babies back safely.
Hope this helps put your mind at rest and happy for you to use my name when you book with Petraveller.

Thanks for your replies! I have already spoken to Lenny and Paul from Petraveler, as they rang me back pretty much straight away and sent me prompt emails. 

@Lisagail sorry it didn't work out for you in the US. You've certainly had quite a mammoth move, and doing it again!!! I moved from Italy to Australia in 2007 with 2 cats and a maremma sheepdog, and now am moving back home with 2 cats (not the same ones). It's huge. I hope it all goes well for you. I'm glad to hear that Petraveller were good. I worry a lot about my babies. How many stopovers did they have? And how did they cope, if you don't mind my asking.

@The Pom Queen what do you know of them?

Thanks! 

Hi 

Think they had about three. It was because Wichita off the track and could not fit all on one flight. Then they had to be road transported. 

My three little dogs go sick with kennel cough but recovered quickly. No idea where they picked it up. They were vaccinated but many strains. They were all in good health otherwise. They went crazy once they saw us. I worried about them constantly during the travels.

It will be harder going back because of the quarantine. Think they will be glad to go back to a mellow winter compared to Wichita.

Our cats were like nothing happened and they settled quick. Very sookie but in good shape.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@Lisagail Thanks for that. I just worry a lot about them :) Regarding quarantine, I brought a large dog (maremma sheepdog) and two cats over here from Italy in 2007 and they were in quarantine for 30 days. I must say they looked fantastic when we went and picked them up. The dog was overly happy and bouncy and the cats had a nice outside run in their area. They were together. All three were spotlessly clean, well fed and happy. All the best for your return. :)