You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jkm10

dental insurance

Hi, I'm moving to Brisbane next week and i'm confused about which company to use for dental insurance - there seem to be so many health insurance companies offering different levels of insurance with different things included. I'm not interested in insurance for optical, physio, hearing etc as i'm young and healthy and just want a dental insurance. Can anyone recommend any dental insurance companies that have dentists I can use in Brisbane CBD? thanks jess

Skills Assessment: 03/2014, IELTS: L:8.5, R:9.0, W:8.5, S:8.5 Overall: 8.5, EOI submitted 26/09/2015 (65points), Invitation received: 09/10/15.

i just Googled 'dental insurance' and a few came up off the bat: NIB, HIF, Medibank etc.  HIF appears to cover treatment with any dentist:

https://www.hif.com.au/help/dental-cover/which-dentists-can-i-use-with-hif.aspx

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16

thanks for your reply, but as far as I can see with these ones it isn't just dental insurance it covers all the extra stuff like physio, chiro etc. I just don't need that stuff so it seems like a waste of money paying for all those services. thanks anyway :) 

Skills Assessment: 03/2014, IELTS: L:8.5, R:9.0, W:8.5, S:8.5 Overall: 8.5, EOI submitted 26/09/2015 (65points), Invitation received: 09/10/15.

thanks for your reply, but as far as I can see with these ones it isn't just dental insurance it covers all the extra stuff like physio, chiro etc. I just don't need that stuff so it seems like a waste of money paying for all those services. thanks anyway  

You can get only dental as well.Dont go for extras. Simply call them and say you want only dental.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

2 minutes ago, Razza said:

You can get only dental as well.Dont go for extras. Simply call them and say you want only dental.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

fab thank you

@jkm10 another option, which I'm going to change over to for my pet insurance is a scheme where you pay so much a week/month once you have had treatment. So basically it's like a loan but it saves you paying for insurance that you may never use.

https://medipay.com.au

http://www.denticarepaymentplans.com.au/patients/

For example my pet insurance costs me $110 per dog which I pay monthly. I haven't had to claim in over 3 years so it's been a waste of money. Instead I will move to a system called Vet Pay which means if my dog got sick I would rush them to the vets, they would say treatment will cost $3,000 I would then sign up to Vet Pay at the clinic and once approved they would pay the vet and I would pay so much a week to pay it off. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Thanks that sounds like a good system, will check that out :) 

• Like 1

Be aware you may need to take full health insurance depending on how much you earn. If you earn over a certain amount you either have to take health insurance or the government will charge you the Medicare levi which is like extra income tax

• Like 1

thanks i'm aware of the levi, I don't earn that much to qualify so using medicare at the mo. but I guess eventually I will go to private health insurance. 

how much do you need to earn before you pay a levy?

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

thanks 😊

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!