189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

The visa office just called my child’s father to check he’d given permission for residency. We’re on good terms so this was fine, does anyone have experience of this? I’m pleased it’s a sign they’re actually processing our application now?! Fingers crossed this means we’ll get our grant soon. 

What date did you submit your application strayadreams?

Hi guys!

I am (hoping) I am about to upload my application (just lodged EOI with 80 points). Quick question about police checks. I am attempting to front load my application, as I'm getting married in Australia in December and hoping for a turn around prior to then. For the police checks- how do you have them sent directly to Oz? The e-medical service was easy enough to figure out to have it prepped and ready to go, but I don't know how to front load the police checks. Has anyone else done this? I'm nervous about the previous statement from someone that says the official processing time. In addition, when I have requested my background investigation from the US- they will not send it abroad, it has to be sent directly to me. Can I just upload the scan of the document? Thanks so much for your help on this!

One other question- in the chance that I don't get approved pre-wedding I was considering applying for an ETA again to give me the ability to enter Australia for our wedding date. However, I had heard that if you apply for another visa during the time that you are waiting for your visa response. and if somehow you get approved for the 189 and then literally one minute later (or anytime later) get approved for the ETA that the ETA will bump your 189 and now I would just have an ETA. Has anyone else heard this before? I was thinking I would apply now for the ETA so it would definitely be approved prior to the visa being approved, but my current does not run out until September. It states that if I apply for it again that it will take effect on September 13th when my other expires. If this were the case and I were miraculously approved for the visa prior to this date- would my visa be bumped and I would only end up with an ETA? Super nervous about this chance.  Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

For the police checks - they get sent to you (so you can scan and upload as with other documents). I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to your other question, maybe start a new topic/thread on the main board to see if anyone has had a similar experience? Good luck and congratulations on your wedding.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, strayadreams said:

For the police checks - they get sent to you (so you can scan and upload as with other documents). I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to your other question, maybe start a new topic/thread on the main board to see if anyone has had a similar experience? Good luck and congratulations on your wedding.

@strayadreams awesome news as I already have them! I was worried I'd need to redo and send them straight to Oz. Thanks so much!

Guest Cristina

Hi all,

I created a post for people that lodged their 189/190 visa around November/December 2017 time, so that we can share our timelines and experience, in case anybody here is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have applied for NSW EOI for ICT Sales representative in Aug 2017 at 80 points. Still waiting to receive an invite. How much time will it take and what are the chances that it i will be invited?

Please Help

Sarita 

On 3/6/2018 at 06:15, Klownfish said:

Seems like there are new additions in the status: Initial assessment and further assessment... 

Yes, my application now says "Further assessment"....any idea what this means? When did you lodge? 

I lodged 13 October and additional info requested on 21 november and submitted 1 December......

Same as you, my status has now changed to "Further Assessment", does it mean our case officer is reviewing our case, when do you think our visa will be granted? I lodged on 16 October 2017, and CO officer requested police check on 6 December and I submitted all required documents on 8 December 2017. 

9 hours ago, kp07 said:

Same as you, my status has now changed to "Further Assessment", does it mean our case officer is reviewing our case, when do you think our visa will be granted? I lodged on 16 October 2017, and CO officer requested police check on 6 December and I submitted all required documents on 8 December 2017. 

Unfortunately they’re just a refresh of the previous assessment categories. They don’t mean anything other than you’ve submitted any additional information the CO might have requested. 

Hi everyone

The global processing time for 190 has changed to 9-12 months. Does it mean 190 applicants now will have to wait for nearly a year to get a grant? How long have you waited for? 

My timeline

07.04.17 IELTS Passed L9 R8 W7 S8 

22.06.17 SKills Assessment Completed  (Pre-primary school teacher)

29.06.17 EOI Lodged (189 only)

Waiting for 189 invitation ...then Gave up :(((( 

20.10.17 Applied for NSW nomination for the 190 visa (65 points)

16.01.18 Invitation received 

17.01.18 190 Visa application lodged (all the documents attached + medical assessment done)

---> Still waiting ...(haven't heard anything so far)

• Like 1

Guest Cristina
On 15/03/2018 at 17:33, JCredpanda said:

Hi everyone

The global processing time for 190 has changed to 9-12 months. Does it mean 190 applicants now will have to wait for nearly a year to get a grant? How long have you waited for? 

My timeline

07.04.17 IELTS Passed L9 R8 W7 S8 

22.06.17 SKills Assessment Completed  (Pre-primary school teacher)

29.06.17 EOI Lodged (189 only)

Waiting for 189 invitation ...then Gave up :(((( 

20.10.17 Applied for NSW nomination for the 190 visa (65 points)

16.01.18 Invitation received 

17.01.18 190 Visa application lodged (all the documents attached + medical assessment done)

---> Still waiting ...(haven't heard anything so far)

@JCredpanda unfortunately the situation with processing times is not great at the moment. I lodged for 189 visa on 22nd December and haven't heard anything yet. I am afraid that I will have to wait a bit longer. When we first lodged, direct grants were being given within 2-3 months but now the whole process has slowed down significantly. For 189 visas, they seem to be concentrating in clearing the backlog of pre-October cases and they are not picking up any new cases (or they haven't done so for almost a month). For 190 visas, I think they are doing a bit better so you might be lucky.

On 16/03/2018 at 22:19, Cristina said:

Hi Cristina, thanks for your reply. "In the best case you will receive your Grant on the 9 February 2018 in the worst case it will be the 21 December 2018. On average you should expect a Grant by the 19 May 2018."--  ... Hoping for the best..