189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

18 minutes ago, Bettiblu said:

Pretty similar tbf, medicals and police checks all sent sept, then had a request for additional info such as form 80 and de facto stuff November time.
I just hope I have them everything they needed

We're hoping they don't need extra stuff now...was a bit vauge on dates of holiday on form 80 as we go away so frequently so couldnt give them exact dates of holidays from 5-10 years ago!! We're expecting to hear something mid Feb. You looked on my immi tracker for a guide

I haven’t actually, mainly because whenever I have gone on it it looks to be quite old and outdated ??‍♀️
Unless I am checking the wrong one. Have you looked on there?
I spoke with my agent last week and she said the current processing times are saying 5-8 months apparently from the day you lodge. She said whenever the CO has asked for additional info that time period is not included in that 5-8 timeframe [emoji15]
I’m hoping to hear something Feb ????

7 minutes ago, Bettiblu said:

I haven’t actually, mainly because whenever I have gone on it it looks to be quite old and outdated ??‍♀️
Unless I am checking the wrong one. Have you looked on there?
I spoke with my agent last week and she said the current processing times are saying 5-8 months apparently from the day you lodge. She said whenever the CO has asked for additional info that time period is not included in that 5-8 timeframe emoji15.png
I’m hoping to hear something Feb ????

Ive been looking on the 189 consolidated visa tracker. It looks like on average you will get a grant or CO will contact for further info around 100 days from last contact. I need to prsent in Oz my 23rd April to finialise my nursing registration so we need it by then really - otherwise might have to go across on a holiday visa ?

7 hours ago, Bettiblu said:

Hopefully it comes through for you by then, I’m sure it will if you have submitted everything.
Even if you have to go on the working Holiday visa I’m sure it will come through pretty soon after April. Have you got a job offer over there?

No job offer. We plan not to work for 2-3 months as we want to explore ?

1 hour ago, JotGill said:

Hello Guys,

I have submitted my EOI at least 4 months ago for  NSW state sponsorship 190 visa. At 60 points for nursing nec, but did not get any response. Did anyone have idea how long it takes?? Thanks

I'm not sure about the 190 but 60 pointers with 189 won't get invited until after June 2018 now due to low intake at each invitation round. Maybe take a look on iscah australian migration website as they might have some information

Hi guys

I’ve not really been active on this thread but i’ve replied to some comments so I thought i’d share the good news. Finally received the news we’d desperately been waiting for! Got that golden email yesterday morning after just over 8 months from lodging. So excited but extremely nervous. With a sore head this morning after celebrating, the stress of getting everything organised I’m sure will begin to set in. Our initial entry date is 10th August so planning on leaving in July ? 

Good luck to everyone that is still awaiting their grant ?? 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Monks said:

Hi guys

I’ve not really been active on this thread but i’ve replied to some comments so I thought i’d share the good news. Finally received the news we’d desperately been waiting for! Got that golden email yesterday morning after just over 8 months from lodging. So excited but extremely nervous. With a sore head this morning after celebrating, the stress of getting everything organised I’m sure will begin to set in. Our initial entry date is 10th August so planning on leaving in July ? 

Hi, could you please  tell me when you lodged your visa And when was your Co  contact  if any

Edited by Sutu
Left out some info

22 hours ago, Monks said:

Hi guys

Massive Congratulations to you. I’ve had some bubbles in the fridge for 5 months - can it be me next?!? ? Welcome to Australia, you’re going to love it here. 

• Like 2

The visa office just called my child’s father to check he’d given permission for residency. We’re on good terms so this was fine, does anyone have experience of this? I’m pleased it’s a sign they’re actually processing our application now?! Fingers crossed this means we’ll get our grant soon. 

The called my sons father too, the call didn’t last very long. He said they only asked him 2 questions and one of them was did he understand the consequences of his son emigrating. They did this quite early on in our process. We applied in May and they contacted him at the beginning of August round about the same time as they requested medicals. We finally got our grant last week ?

• Like 2

The visa office just called my child’s father to check he’d given permission for residency. We’re on good terms so this was fine, does anyone have experience of this? I’m pleased it’s a sign they’re actually processing our application now?! Fingers crossed this means we’ll get our grant soon. 

Did you get him to fill up form 1229 previously?

Hi - yes they've had the 1229 since we applied in August as well as our legal care agreement that she will spend a minimum of 8 weeks in the UK each year over 2 or 3 trips until her 18th Birthday. They also had one previously when we arrived initially for my 457 application. He said it was a quick conversation and that the person that called him said they would update the file and report back that everything was in order. Our file has been under assessment since September when we provided the additional documents they requested (my decree nisi/confirmation of divorce) and have heard absolutely nothing at all until yesterday. I know that timelines and order of checks is dependent upon individual case officers - I had just started to get on with my life and have this off my mind (a bit) and I guess now its back to anxious waiting and second guessing every 'sign' until its granted! I will try to be chill :-)

Hi everyone,

pleased to say we got our 189 last Wednesday, here’s our timeline hope it helps those of you that are still waiting. 

Eoi-21 aug

main aplication 23 aug

extra info 27 sep

grant 7th feb

good luck to all still waiting.

• Like 2