189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

On 11/29/2017 at 01:29, ronnie said:

Hey guys,
My wife, myself and 2 children applied for a 189 occupation fitter general. Here is our timeline

Submitted EOI 18/07
Invited 06/09
Lodged with all documents except form 80 on 11/10
Visa was granted today 28/11

This has taken us completely by surprise as was not expecting a quick turnaround.

Congratulations...

hello everybody. on 28/11/17, CO was assigned and requested some more documents. Unluckily, I mistakenly clicked on the button (information provided) while I had not uploaded any documents on immiaccount profile. Now, I am so worried and do not know what I should do. could anyone help?

thanks a lot

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I got my grant today as well. I'm really grateful for this site, as it's been a treasure trove of information.

EOI: Mid-July 2017

Invitation: 9 August 2017

189 visa application: 9 August 2017

1st contact from CO requesting Form 80, medical checks and police certificates: 8 September 2017

"Information Provided" button pressed: 2 November 2017

Grant: 19 December 2017

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WizardOfOz said:

Hi everyone,

I got my grant today as well. I'm really grateful for this site, as it's been a treasure trove of information.

EOI: Mid-July 2017

Invitation: 9 August 2017

189 visa application: 9 August 2017

1st contact from CO requesting Form 80, medical checks and police certificates: 8 September 2017

"Information Provided" button pressed: 2 November 2017

Grant: 19 December 2017

hi,could you please tell me which CO was working on your case

8 hours ago, Sutu said:

hi,could you please tell me which CO was working on your case

Hey Sutu,

What I can tell you is that the Adelaide office processed my application, but the CO changed so the CO that notified me of my grant was different from the CO that contacted me for additional information, for example. 

25 minutes ago, WizardOfOz said:

Hey Sutu,

What I can tell you is that the Adelaide office processed my application, but the CO changed so the CO that notified me of my grant was different from the CO that contacted me for additional information, for example. 

thank you

Following this thread! Nice to hear there is some progress being made.

Our 189 visa was lodged 25/10/17 and we have yet to have a case officer assigned. I think I read somewhere that there should normally be a case officer assigned within 8 weeks...is this right? I can't remember where I saw this.  Feeling inpatient and would like to get medicals organised but want to leave ourselves as much time as possible to make the move if we are granted! 

There’s no hard and fast rules when it comes to the processing but we received our first CO contact 10 weeks after lodgement. From experience I would definitely get the medicals arranged. I wish we would have front loaded these to save time. You get 12 months from the date or your police check or medical which ever is soonest to validate your visa so i would go ahead. Good luck! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louise Jessica Studds said:

Hi,

we got our PR visa granted in September, got flights booked and going end of December! Just wanted to check that there isn't anything we're supposed to do before we travel??

thanks!

Ditch your winter clothes.

Unless you're moving anywhere south of Brisbane that is!

• Like 3

Hi Everyone 

Still waiting for our grant, bit disappointed with the whole process. Onshore 80 points, with employment verification. Applied 27 August 2017, received contact from CO and returned additional documents all on 28 September 2017. Heard absolutely zero since then - I’m going to lose a job offer if I don’t have PR by 2nd January 2018 as it’s a prerequisite for the role. I have a job but that would have been a real step up. When I originally came over the visa process was much better - you could call or email your case officer and they would tell you what they’re waiting on etc. I’m pretty annoyed by the level of service we’ve received especially as you pay so much now. There is nothing remarkable about our case, I find it so disheartening when people only post to say ‘big surprise it was granted in 6 weeks...’ I’ve got no idea how they prioritise anything. So frustrated. Obviously happy for the lucky ones but a bit worn down by the impact living in limbo is having. 

It’s so frustrating isn’t it, we feel exactly the same. The waiting without any kind of update is excruciating. I just don’t understand why we are unable to contact them for an update if it falls outside their visa processing times. It’s a hell of a lot of money to fork out without having any means of contact. We last heard from our CO in October, provided the information to them the same week but heard absolutely nothing since. I was hoping to receive some news before Christmas. Once they give you 28 days to respond to a request I’m sure they don’t even pick up your case until at the very earliest 28 days has expired despite pressing the IP button. I’m not even convinced it’s after 28 days. The whole process is a sham and desperately needs reviewing. Im so angry and frustrated ?

14 hours ago, Monks said:

It’s so frustrating isn’t it, we feel exactly the same. The waiting without any kind of update is excruciating. I just don’t understand why we are unable to contact them for an update if it falls outside their visa processing times. It’s a hell of a lot of money to fork out without having any means of contact. We last heard from our CO in October, provided the information to them the same week but heard absolutely nothing since. I was hoping to receive some news before Christmas. Once they give you 28 days to respond to a request I’m sure they don’t even pick up your case until at the very earliest 28 days has expired despite pressing the IP button. I’m not even convinced it’s after 28 days. The whole process is a sham and desperately needs reviewing. Im so angry and frustrated ?

Merry Christmas Monks ? This process has been rubbish and I agree, having the visa sorted would have made for a very happy Christmas in my house, instead we’re packing up to move into another rental because our current one is sold and we need PR for a mortgage. Even if you do get through to the enquiry line (if you’ve got the hours to spare on hold) they just tell you to email and won’t comment on anything. I’m no wiser about the progress of our application which changed to assessment in progress back in September ☹️

Best of luck for the new year. Try and enjoy the Christmas break and fingers crossed for 2nd January 2018. I hope both our next posts are more upbeat ?

Everyone has their own dilemma don't they, it's comforting to know that we're not alone in this frustrating process. Happy Christmas to you too and here's hoping and crossing everything  ?? that we both receive some fanrastic news in January 2018! ??

• Like 1

I have paid my application fees on 13th Aug 2017.. I submitted all my required extra documents such as form

80 on 21st September 2017 n click information provided the same day as well.. I checked my processing time on 28th November, it say 5 months to 8 months.. but today I checked again, it says 6 months to 10 months.. what does it mean? More people are applying? Or what? 

Edited by janesnj

It’s difficult to tell, but people seem pretty keen to share their good news when it comes. As the DIBP continue to extend their processing times (its gone from 3 to 11 months since I applied) my guess is that unfortunately not many grants are being awarded at the moment. The Christmas holidays will slow things down for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 07:33, strayadreams said:

We’ve tried to chase it but apparently they are experiencing unprecedented numbers of applications from priority countries (UK isn’t one) and so this means that the queue in front can get longer (they can pay to be processed more quickly) before your application is reviewed. So unless they get more capacity it won’t get any faster ?

Hi there

Which countries are considered priority countries or where can I get that information?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Bettiblu said:

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone had received their grant or any further along with in their process?

I was requested more info and a form 80 which was all sent back but now I’m waiting (again)

Nope - still waiting...

Was invited and applied in Sept. Sent form 80, meds and police checks end of Nov.

Whats your timeline?