189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

I got the ACS response today.  My husband is a Mechanical Engineer, with 13 years of IT experience. We were silly not checking the skill type and now got a response from ACS skill assessment. They have come back that the skill type needs to be RPL :( Does anyone have any idea on RPL ? We are going to look into this in detail. But will be good to know from someone who has already applied and got ACS skill set assessed after getting the RPL.

I have few questions associated with RPL please

1. If I submit my RPL Project report and if that is successful i get extra 5 points as they will use skill met date

2.Most Important If RPL Project submitted is a failure because they did not like the report,  do we just loose that extra 5 points and no other Risk to my existing previous application and I still get a 10 points for the experience I have in work (Work experience includes 13 years in IT or computer software)?

4. Last option if I decide not to submit RPL at all i just loose that extra 5 points only ? and they will issue skill met date and I get final 10 points instead of 15 points?

So in brief, is it safe to say that this RPL idea is only giving me one option to gain extra 5 points if it works out and if it did not work out i loose nothing other than not receiving that extra 5 points?

I just wanted to make sure sir that by submitting RPL I am not messing anything else on my existing previous application.

1 hour ago, Mini said:

I have few questions associated with RPL please

1. If I submit my RPL Project report and if that is successful i get extra 5 points as they will use skill met date

2.Most Important If RPL Project submitted is a failure because they did not like the report,  do we just loose that extra 5 points and no other Risk to my existing previous application and I still get a 10 points for the experience I have in work (Work experience includes 13 years in IT or computer software)?

4. Last option if I decide not to submit RPL at all i just loose that extra 5 points only ? and they will issue skill met date and I get final 10 points instead of 15 points?

So in brief, is it safe to say that this RPL idea is only giving me one option to gain extra 5 points if it works out and if it did not work out i loose nothing other than not receiving that extra 5 points?

I just wanted to make sure sir that by submitting RPL I am not messing anything else on my existing previous application.

Sorry Mini, I think this query is best directed to ACS. There is more information  here on 'RPL FAQS' on the website. 

Edited by strayadreams

Hi,
We lodged our Visa application on 28th July, police clearances uploaded 18th August and medicals done 14th August (we did not wait for a CO to be assigned, just uploaded them) and we had out Visa granted yesterday!!! (189)
Could not believe it was so quick......hope it is speedy for all of you too.

Oh wow that is great news!
That was very quick! Congratulations

When and where are you planning on going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bettiblu, we honestly have no idea at this stage....quick turn around really took us by surprise. We love the gold coast but will have to research the work situation there first! Hopefully by Jan/Feb so kids can start school near the beginning of the year...but don't know....

Massive congratulation on the grant! Great that it was so quick for you. Sorry if you've already said this but can you tell me what occupation you are and how many points you had? Good luck with everything [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

8 hours ago, Chasing a dream said:

Bettiblu, we honestly have no idea at this stage....quick turn around really took us by surprise. We love the gold coast but will have to research the work situation there first! Hopefully by Jan/Feb so kids can start school near the beginning of the year...but don't know....

Congratulations, I'm in Brisbane with 2 children, happy to help if you need advice about navigating the school system. I have  uploaded our medicals etc without being asked, even though there are various threads saying not to. TBH if we don't get our visa within 12 months, updating the medicals will be the least of our worries. 

• Like 2

I'm sure you will figure it all out! Now you get to enjoy knowing you have your visa in hand and start researching for your new life! Good luck

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 23:17, strayadreams said:

Congratulations, I'm in Brisbane with 2 children, happy to help if you need advice about navigating the school system. I have  uploaded our medicals etc without being asked, even though there are various threads saying not to. TBH if we don't get our visa within 12 months, updating the medicals will be the least of our worries. 

Thank you! I may take you upon that! Really hoping it will be Brisbane but husband is an Electronic Engineer so the next couple of weeks will be spent trying to figure out which areas he may be able to find work in. We have 2 kids aged 10 and 12 (well she will be 12 in a couple of weeks).

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 17:30, TeacherClem said:

Massive congratulation on the grant! Great that it was so quick for you. Sorry if you've already said this but can you tell me what occupation you are and how many points you had? Good luck with everything emoji4.png

Thanks! We got it through my husband, he is an electronic engineer and had 75 points! 

• Like 1

I'm having a little problem...

does anyone have an email to contact the Brisbane office?

I have had my medicals done and received the police certificates, I've emailed them to my agent but she has not got back to me and I don't have access to the immi account. I probably have time left (out of the 28days) but I wanted to make sure and contact the Brisbane office to advise of this but the email I am sending just stays in my draft box and won't actually go to the email address.

Does anyone have an email address which I can use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2017/9/15 at 21:49, Chasing a dream said:

Hi,

We lodged our Visa application on 28th July, police clearances uploaded 18th August and medicals done 14th August (we did not wait for a CO to be assigned, just uploaded them) and we had out Visa granted yesterday!!! (189)

Could not believe it was so quick......hope it is speedy for all of you too.

OMG, congratz, your dream come true:)

• Thanks 1

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:42, Mini said:

Also Chasing a dream, can I please know what skill your husband applied for? My husband is a Mechanical engineer and he applied for Programmer Analyst as he is working in the IT industry. He is asked to submit RPL and we are making progress with that now. Did you have any such experience?

My husband is a maintenance engineer and we have just had out visas granted this week after 5 months of waiting :D

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I lodged 189 Visa application on 10th July 2017. My immigration agent told me that Case Officer or his/her team is highly likely to contact me and/or my employer. I need to know if this has happened with everyone here or should I feel as an exception? 

Thanks for your help in advance.  

We had our medicals cleared today and I've uploaded our police clearance certificates so I've clicked the 'information provided' button. Do I need to email the department as well and say that it's all done? I found the letter we had from them when they requested police checks and medicals really confusing as it mentioned contacting them with the information on the email they provide on the letter.

Hi all,

We were assigned a CO today and more information has been requested. They've asked for some payslips, a copy of my wedding certificate (from my first marriage) and another character form. Hopefully I can get this back to them within 24 hours. Nice to get some contact from someone (31 days after lodgement). 

1 minute ago, TeacherClem said:

We had our medicals cleared today and I've uploaded our police clearance certificates so I've clicked the 'information provided' button. Do I need to email the department as well and say that it's all done? I found the letter we had from them when they requested police checks and medicals really confusing as it mentioned contacting them with the information on the email they provide on the letter.

Yes, we had to re-read this part too! You need to email the CO (respond in writing) to confirm the additional information has been uploaded to the immi account for review, but don't attach copies to the email. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, strayadreams said:

Yes, we had to re-read this part too! You need to email the CO (respond in writing) to confirm the additional information has been uploaded to the immi account for review, but don't attach copies to the email. 

gosh I didn't do this. I only pressed the information provided button for docs that I uploaded  within the 28 days. there was a small delay with my husband's police checks so when I uploaded that I then emailed to say it had been provided. 

It has been 7 weeks since our medical were completed therefore if we need to validate in 12 months from then time is ticking away already so I hope we hear soon!

Edited by ayda