189/190 Visa Applications from July/Aug 17

Hi 

Just starting a new thread for anyone who has applied for a PR visa 189/190 after July. Mine is in - 190, State Nomination in QLD (onshore) with 80 points. Medicals booked next week. Still waiting for Aus post to deliver what are presumed clear background checks from U.K. 

Like everyone else, hoping for a quick turnaround ?

53 minutes ago, TeacherClem said:

We put our 189 visa app in on 21st July with 75 points (secondary teacher). Haven't been assigned a co yet and hoping we'll hear from them in the next couple of weeks. Good luck! Keep us posted emoji3.png

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Ooh Good luck, are you off or onshore TeacherClem?

Hi everyone,

My family and I are attending for our medicals tomorrow. Our police certificates finally arrived from the UK this week, so the medicals are the last thing to go on! We've had no contact yet from a case officer yet however, we did receive the automated email on Tuesday to say that our EOI was now suspended due to an active visa application so at least our application is in a system somewhere....

• Like 2

Hi everyone,
My family and I are attending for our medicals tomorrow. Our police certificates finally arrived from the UK this week, so the medicals are the last thing to go on! We've had no contact yet from a case officer yet however, we did receive the automated email on Tuesday to say that our EOI was now suspended due to an active visa application so at least our application is in a system somewhere....

We haven't even been assigned a co yet I'm getting slightly worried by this! I feel like we should have had some contact by now. We're going to book our medicals and do police checks now and hope we can go for a direct grant. I've seen people lodge later than us and had co contact so I just don't get how it works

Hi - we just got back from our medicals. We've been referred as my eldest dependent had an operation (more than 10 years ago) when she was very young. I am concerned that this may cause a delay but there's nothing I can do, we are what we are. I did note that he was pleased we had disclosed this in advance and that we had brought along the paperwork. Even though I completely understand the reasons why there needs to be an element of 'behind the scenes' processing, I find the lack of transparency about wait times very difficult. I can't imagine that all these people chasing their visas (because they don't know what is going on) does anything but cause further delays whilst they are responding to requests for updates. The doctor wouldn't tell us whether we were otherwise to be considered fine. Quite exhausting. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeacherClem said:

We haven't even been assigned a co yet I'm getting slightly worried by this! I feel like we should have had some contact by now. We're going to book our medicals and do police checks now and hope we can go for a direct grant. I've seen people lodge later than us and had co contact so I just don't get how it works

Yes our police checks took just over 3 weeks to arrive from the UK - probably about the same for our Australian ones (required as we've been living here over 12 months). Medicals took about 2 hours although I think this was longer than normal because we booked in over lunch time and capacity is reduced during lunch breaks. It takes 5 days for the blood results to come back so at least another week will pass before any progress can be made after your medicals. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeacherClem said:

We had contact from our co today asking for medicals and police checks. Medicals booked for the 20th and sent off for police checks today. Fingers crossed they come back quickly ? emoji846.png

Hurray! Great news, it all gets exciting again after CO contact. :-) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeacherClem said:

emoji1316.pngemoji1316.pngthat was quick! Fingers crossed for that visa grant soon! emoji1317.png

Yes, I'm delighted ? I had convinced myself there would be something to cause delay. My eldest had an operation over 10 years ago but luckily we were able to provide the paperwork and they cleared her. Ooh it's a roller coaster. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeacherClem said:

We had contact from our co today asking for medicals and police checks. Medicals booked for the 20th and sent off for police checks today. Fingers crossed they come back quickly ? emoji846.png

We paid for the premium PCC, and turnaround was 2 days. So hopefully not long for you guys.

• Like 1

Hi, I think our application will probably sit around the same time as everyone's on here, so I thought i would add our dates.
15/6/17 - EOI Sent in
20/6/17 - Invited to apply for visa
25/7/17 - Visa lodged
22/8/17 - CO assigned and medicals and police checks requested
1/9/17 - attended medicals
11/9/17 - police checks sent but paid for the 2 day turn around.

Applying for a 189 with 65 points and social worker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi! Our dates are:
15/05/17 EOI sent
20/05/17 Invited to apply for visa
21/07/17 Visa lodged
11/09/17 (seemed the longest wait ever [emoji16]) CO assigned and medicals and police checks requested
11/09/17 police checks sent

Due to attend medicals on 20th September.

Applying for a 189 visa with 75 points and secondary school teacher

• Like 2

Hi! Our dates are:
15/05/17 EOI sent
20/05/17 Invited to apply for visa
21/07/17 Visa lodged
11/09/17 (seemed the longest wait ever [emoji16]) CO assigned and medicals and police checks requested
11/09/17 police checks sent

Due to attend medicals on 20th September.

Applying for a 189 visa with 75 points and secondary school teacher

It does feel like a long wait doesn't it!

I constantly sit refreshing my emails haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mini said:

Hi, We applied for ACS with all documents attested by respective companies and solicitors on August 7th and my husbands on 1st of August . Today it is 14th September. We have not heard from ACS yet. Does anyone else face delay as well ? 

Hi, it took the ACS about 4/5 weeks to come back but that was before the changes to the visa were introduced in July. I'm not sure what the processing time is now, if you've been waiting longer than they suggest perhaps get in touch to see what's happening?

Just checked it. It says 6-12 weeks. 

Edited by strayadreams

11 minutes ago, Mini said:

Thanks very much. Looks like it has been changed. Earlier it was 4-6 weeks and the ACS website still says 4-6 weeks. Please can I know where did you see it as 6-12 weeks? Thanks again

Hi the website says:

We will complete all applications as soon as possible, however please allow 6-8 weeks to receive a completed skills assessment result letter.

In our guidelines it says applications may take up to 12 weeks. 

Probably worth getting in touch though. Good luck, hopefully it's just them getting through a backlog.