You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi,

ive just completed my medical on wednesday and got an updated on emedical saying completed, on all 3 things. And on the immi website saying that "health clearance provided- no action needed".  

I won't get a case officer probably for another 5 months, but was told to do my medical  by a friend after 4 months of submitting my defacto visa

I'm a bit worried about the medical it says that I'm good just now until a co is assigned, but do you know if I had a serious disease that they would tell me or wait until co is assigned, like if I had hiv, and they tell me 5 months down the line that my visa is refused I'd be a bit pissed of as it's a serious disease 

thanks

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Why would you take your medical when your friend said so? 

If there were issues on your medical I'd expect it to be referred. Nothing more to be done if it's not. Just a waiting game now. 

Hi, I know someone that works for the immigration and they said to do it after 4 months and because ive been off thought why not. 

Thanks mate, yeah it said that it was completed - no action needed bla bla.

I thought they would have to call you if you had hiv or something can't really let that slip.

3 minutes ago, Cootsy88 said:

Hi, I know someone that works for the immigration and they said to do it after 4 months and because ive been off thought why not. 

Thanks mate, yeah it said that it was completed - no action needed bla bla.

I thought they would have to call you if you had hiv or something can't really let that slip.

If the examining doctor finds a serious issue he/she will either contact you directly or pass it to your GP to ensure you get treatment. They do not ignore something serious. 

Thanks,  if it was a blood test, like hiv, the panel doctor wouldn't get the results or would they? I thought the hospital just uploaded them

cheers

47 minutes ago, Cootsy88 said:

Thanks,  if it was a blood test, like hiv, the panel doctor wouldn't get the results or would they? I thought the hospital just uploaded them

cheers

If its something like HIV then the hospital would have to pass the result to the doctor. They cannot ignore something that important - its unethical, to say the least. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tigerlily47
        Hello, we applied in November 2016 for Visa 864, so that's a year ago now. Does anyone know roughly the time it takes?

• By Abi6635
        Me and my partner are applying for a skills visa. Both of us have wanted skills, my partner is the main person applying for the visa and I am going on his partner. We have been together for 6 years, we haven’t lived together and we don’t have a joint bank account. We currently live between our parents houses as we are saving to emigrate. We have evidence through photos, flight tickets, statements from friends. What is needed to ensure the visa will be granted? What else can we submit as evidence? Has anyone applied for a visa in a similar situation who could help?
        thanks! 
      • By ellemorrison
        Hello
        Somebody with knowledge please advise. I'm a stressed out Brit living in Paris, France with my Australian Partner. We are in a de facto relationship. Been living together for over 4yrs now.
        He has been offered a job in Sydney, Australia and we plan to move over there in 2 months time.  3 days ago, i applied for a tourist visa (subclass600) so that I can be with my partner while we wait for the processing of my Partner Visa. I intend to lodge the Partner Visa in the next few days offshore, here in Paris before we leave.
        I understand that I wont be able to work or have rights while on this tourist visa 600.  I also understand that I have to leave Australia to be granted the Partner Visa when processed.
        I was told by someone on these forums that as a British citizen, it was best to go for an ETA and apply for the Partner Visa onshore. I'm afraid waiting till we get to Australia is risky and my documents will be a little dated. I have all my documents and evidence ready to apply for the Partner onshore.
        Anyway, its too late now, I have already applied for the Tourist Visa 600. Have a completely messed up?
      • By Ian Ireland

We are currently at 26 months waiting for class 143. My wife looks as if she is going to need medical investigations. This will obviously feature in any medical report. If the case worker eventually makes contact soon, what do we say? God forbid we go to the back of the queue. I would assume they will tell us to get it fixed and come back to them.

Help please!!!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
      • By RFHLFC1984
        I have the opportunity to move to Australia with work and was wondering what the situation is with medical treatment.
        For example if I need to see a GP or am admitted to hospital etc.
        Obviously in the UK this is free under the NHS but what is the deal in Australia please?