Cootsy88

Medical help

Hi,

ive just completed my medical on wednesday and got an updated on emedical saying completed, on all 3 things. And on the immi website saying that "health clearance provided- no action needed".  

I won't get a case officer probably for another 5 months, but was told to do my medical  by a friend after 4 months of submitting my defacto visa

I'm a bit worried about the medical it says that I'm good just now until a co is assigned, but do you know if I had a serious disease that they would tell me or wait until co is assigned, like if I had hiv, and they tell me 5 months down the line that my visa is refused I'd be a bit pissed of as it's a serious disease 

thanks

Why would you take your medical when your friend said so? 

If there were issues on your medical I'd expect it to be referred. Nothing more to be done if it's not. Just a waiting game now. 

Hi, I know someone that works for the immigration and they said to do it after 4 months and because ive been off thought why not. 

Thanks mate, yeah it said that it was completed - no action needed bla bla.

I thought they would have to call you if you had hiv or something can't really let that slip.

3 minutes ago, Cootsy88 said:

Hi, I know someone that works for the immigration and they said to do it after 4 months and because ive been off thought why not. 

Thanks mate, yeah it said that it was completed - no action needed bla bla.

I thought they would have to call you if you had hiv or something can't really let that slip.

If the examining doctor finds a serious issue he/she will either contact you directly or pass it to your GP to ensure you get treatment. They do not ignore something serious. 

Thanks,  if it was a blood test, like hiv, the panel doctor wouldn't get the results or would they? I thought the hospital just uploaded them

cheers

47 minutes ago, Cootsy88 said:

Thanks,  if it was a blood test, like hiv, the panel doctor wouldn't get the results or would they? I thought the hospital just uploaded them

cheers

If its something like HIV then the hospital would have to pass the result to the doctor. They cannot ignore something that important - its unethical, to say the least. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rsteele
        Hi,
         New to the forum. Some really good advice in here, thank you.
         Myself and my partner are currently in the process of applying for our subclass 820/801.
         I am currently looking for employment on a bridging visa and am wondering if an employer were to offer sponsorship whilst I am waiting for the partner visa, could I accept it? It seems then I would be applying for two separate visas?
        Any advice you can give me would be most welcome.
      • By ausj
        Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding visas that maybe people can shed some light on. I am Australian and my boyfriend is British, we currently live in the UK and are moving to Aus this year.

I’ve read on here about registering the relationship as de-facto… does doing so waive the requirement of 12 months living together? The reason I ask is that my boyfriend and I have only been living together for 3 months so far in the UK. (We’ve been in a relationship for 16 months). During this time I have been transferring him money for half of the mortgage and bills but my name isn’t actually on them. We also both transfer an amount each month to a separate account we call the ‘Fun Fund’ which we use for shared expenses (groceries, restaurants, holidays etc) but it’s only in his name. I do have my own bank/credit card statements with our address on it.

We are planning to move to Australia this year however there will be a few months where we will not be living together. This is due to my UK visa expiring and me having to leave the country and him not being able to leave his job just yet. We will go on holiday together during this time but won’t actually be living together for about 3 months until he can move. Even though we're not apart by choice I’m guessing this doesn’t look good on an application. So what I’m wondering is, when we are living together in Australia, have a joint bank account, insurance etc. and register as de-facto, do we have grounds to apply even without 12 straight months of cohabitation? We are looking at the possibility of him entering on a working holiday visa then applying for the partnership visa shortly after. Is it correct that we could apply at any time and be put on a bridging visa enabling him to work until it’s decided?

We are also looking into the option of him transferring with the company he works for (a large well-known company with offices in Aus). Is there a separate visa to transfer in the same company or would he need to apply for a 457? His qualifications/experience is in marketing, account management, sales and E-retail management.
          He is also a rugby referee here in the UK and is hoping to do the same in Aus. Could he work this second weekend job on a 457 or can he only work for the company who has sponsored him? Thank you!
      • By TeaPig
        Hi all,
        I posted a while back on this forum and you lovely people were quick to get back to me and help me out, thank you! 
        I am 33, from the UK and in a relationship with an Australian citizen and plan to move to Sydney Feb 2018.
        This year I have been talking with Australian companies with the intention of getting a sponsored visa 186/187 to work in Australia. With the abolishment of the 457 and new visa implementation I have been told that many companies are not keen to take this route.
        I have been in a de facto relationship with an Australian Citizen for 1.5 years so our last resort will be to apply for the partner visa. I will go to Australia in Feb on a 3 month holiday visa and thus onto a bridging visa once the partner visa has been submitted.
        The industry I work in (engineering) is booming right now so I am still hopeful to acquire sponsorship if possible and am in the process of applying for jobs and sending off CVs/Cover letters from now until my holiday visa runs out which will be in May 2018.
        These are some questions that I cannot seem to find definite answers for, hopefully some of you can help me out!  
        I have a one way flight booked in Feb and will be travelling in on a 3 month holiday visa. I have been told that having a one way flight might be reason for them not to let me in the country as they could be concerned I will try and stay? Also have read that if I am entering the country on a holiday visa that I should mention nothing of myself trying to find work or living with my partner. Keep everything to the fact I am coming for a holiday, get into the country and do what I need to after that. What are your thoughts? If from now until the 3 month holiday visa runs out (May 2018) I am offered a job that comes with nomination/sponsorship, can that visa be submitted whilst I am already in the country on a holiday visa? Would they need to wait until it has expired to apply for a sponsored visa? could I leave the country and re enter once it is submitted to go onto a bridging visa? Any other comments or questions you have for me, please fire away! If anything here does not sound like an efficient way of getting to work and live in Oz please also let me know your thoughts
        Thanks in advanced for you help, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
      • By SUPERSTARDJ01
        Hi,

we've just had our medicals emailed to us from knightsbridge doctors, unfortunately they're closed now so can't ask them any questions.

could someon on here assist?
        Question 1
        I have a pacemaker I have to visit the every 6mths now as my battery is low (2yrs remaining) it used to be every 12mths, Ihave bradycardia adnd it's controlled well, part of the report below, this and tennis elbow surgery put me as a grade B, should I be worried??
        Pace maker in situ since 2009-when diagnosedwith bradycardia for dizzy spells,check upsevery 6 months and no further episodessince insertion of pacemaker. In 2014 heunderwent a laparoscopic fundoplicationfor gastro oesophageal reflux disease.Sincethen asymptomatic and no need for anymedication.See attached letters
        Question 2
        I accidently put my wife down as a guardian to our 12yr old daughter this was picked up by the receptionist at the doctors she said she would change it, which she did but only in 1 place it's now showing the below, any advise?

Client Declaration
        The client stated that they read and understood the department's use of the information they have provided.Name of parent/guardian:
        CHERYL PEARCE
        Relationship to the client:
        Mother (incl. in-law)

Client declaration

The client has provided true and correct medical history information.
        Name of parent/guardian
        CHERYL PEARCE
        Relationship to the client
        Guardian

• By tigerlily47
        Hello, we applied in November 2016 for Visa 864, so that's a year ago now. Does anyone know roughly the time it takes?