You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Lever40

Medical Cover while on a PMV

Im now in oz on a Prospective Marriage Visa and after Medicare but apparently there is a loop hole that on a PMV you cant apply for Medicare until you have submitted the Partner visa which would be after we are married! Would I still be covered some what on the reciprocal agreement that Britain and Australia have with medical cover for citizens. 

PMV Granted 5th June 2017, Arrived in Melbourne 12th August

PMV Submitted 9/1/17 C/O Request for Medicals and Police Checks - 7/3/17, Australian Federal Police Check - 16/3/17, Fiancee Australian Police Check - 17/3/17 , Uk Police check - 18/3/17 , Medical / Xray & HIV Test - 22/3/17 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card

The above is not amazingly clear so it may be worthwhile taking your passport and visa documentation, into your local Centrelink

I was eligible for a temporary Medicare care when I arrived on partner visa 309 (temporary) and went back to Centrelink when I became PR, to apply for a new card. 

309/100 visa application lodged 28/08/13 | Visa sub-class 309 granted 09/05/14 | Arrived NSW 27/05/15 | 100 (PR) visa application lodged 27/09/15 | PR granted 13/04/16 | Citizenship application lodged 18/06/19