Front loading health check for visa

Angelpie

Hi we are in the process of gathering all our info/ proof etc for our Pmv 300 

i see a lot of people saying they front loaded their health checks & police checks, I know how to front load my police checks but am unsure how to do health checks?

the lady at the doctors I spoke to when I called to find out the fees , if I needed to take medical notes for my fibro etc said I couldn't do it without a number? 

I'm not sure if front loading is best or not as timelines from others Pmv visas seem to vary - you can't find out how long the London embassy is taking to process only global not local times which is sooooooo frustrating , any experience or info much appreciated ?

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

there is no point as it doesn't speed up the process - they just sit there until the case officer would have if requested.

But if there is an unexpected delay, you could end up having to redo.

Thanks for the input I just couldn't make my mind up which was the best way let alone how I would go about doing it , the lady said they could do it very quickly when it was requested ?

Once it's requested you can usually book in within a week. So no dramas. They don't book a long way in advance generally.

I'd wait till asked for the reasons given above. 

7 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Hi we are in the process of gathering all our info/ proof etc for our Pmv 300 

i see a lot of people saying they front loaded their health checks & police checks, I know how to front load my police checks but am unsure how to do health checks?

the lady at the doctors I spoke to when I called to find out the fees , if I needed to take medical notes for my fibro etc said I couldn't do it without a number? 

I'm not sure if front loading is best or not as timelines from others Pmv visas seem to vary - you can't find out how long the London embassy is taking to process only global not local times which is sooooooo frustrating , any experience or info much appreciated ?

It depends how you feel about potentially paying again for the medical and PCC fees, in case your visa application takes longer than expected. I found that it gave me peace of mind to have everything front loaded-at least I was not being the weak link.

However, be aware that as I was self-employed, I was prepared to drop everything and get the visa validated once I was granted.

Worse case scenario-you have do redo the above again.

Next worst case scenario: you get granted your visa with one day (or even hours) left for the above to expire.

On 18/08/2017 at 00:34, DukeNinja said:

It depends how you feel about potentially paying again for the medical and PCC fees, in case your visa application takes longer than expected. I found that it gave me peace of mind to have everything front loaded-at least I was not being the weak link.

However, be aware that as I was self-employed, I was prepared to drop everything and get the visa validated once I was granted.

Worse case scenario-you have do redo the above again.

Next worst case scenario: you get granted your visa with one day (or even hours) left for the above to expire.

How did u go about getting your Medicals ? The lady at the centre I spoke to said I have to wait until I have some sort of reference number or whatever it was? Dropping n running not a problem just means we would have to return n finalise everything over here if I can't get someone to do it for me 

You need a HAP number. If you don't have one yet, don't panic.

Honestly, if the PMV is taking a while to process you are better off waiting till asked by your CO to undertake it. Same with the police check. 

5 hours ago, snifter said:

You need a HAP number. If you don't have one yet, don't panic.

Honestly, if the PMV is taking a while to process you are better off waiting till asked by your CO to undertake it. Same with the police check. 

There you thanks snifter I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called , just debating with future hubby if we should get an emigration solicitor or not , if we do do we use one in the uk or from Australia tho I have started to fill in the forms online they r blowing my mind ?

The PMV is very straightforward. Most manage without an agent. However, if you are really struggling or not understanding it, perhaps its better to seek an agent out.

Chances are, you just need to get your head round things a bit more. You'll still have to compile all your paperwork and supporting evidence even if you do use an agent. Don't panic about it all and read the partner visa booklet about the PMV and what to include etc. It hopefully will all make sense in time. 

There are lots of threads on the PMV and partner visas on the forum and many are happy to share their experience :) Have a read of some of those and see if you can start to make sense of it it. 

The partner visa is more in depth but pretty much straightforward again. 

We got an agent from Australia for guidance and peace of mind, but as everything is done via email these days, it shouldn't matter whether they are from Aus or the UK. As long as they are registered agents (at the Migration Agents Registration Authority, or MARA) they should be equally qualified. 

And yes, the medicals can be booked swiftly and the results come back after a week or so, so you might as well wait for your CO to request them. The UK has an express service to get your Police Clearance within days too.

14 hours ago, Angelpie said:

How did u go about getting your Medicals ? The lady at the centre I spoke to said I have to wait until I have some sort of reference number or whatever it was? Dropping n running not a problem just means we would have to return n finalise everything over here if I can't get someone to do it for me 

If you do decide to front load your Medicals you can get your HAP ID before submitting your visa application.

You need to log into your online Immi account and from memory you select New Application, then find "My Health Declarations" and then you select what main visa category you're applying for (i.e. Child 101 Visa), you then just complete the details and at the end it gives you a HAP ID number.  You can then book your medicals with this number and you complete the HAP ID number on your Visa application which they will match up when processing it.

I've recently had to to do this for 2 Child Visa's for my children, we needed to front load as we only have 1 year RRV's so we're short of time.  I rang the medical place for an appointment and they couldn't give us one without the HAP ID's, I then found out you could generate them on your online Immi account as I've mentioned above.

1 hour ago, brock79 said:

If you do decide to front load your Medicals you can get your HAP ID before submitting your visa application.

You need to log into your online Immi account and from memory you select New Application, then find "My Health Declarations" and then you select what main visa category you're applying for (i.e. Child 101 Visa), you then just complete the details and at the end it gives you a HAP ID number.  You can then book your medicals with this number and you complete the HAP ID number on your Visa application which they will match up when processing it.

I've recently had to to do this for 2 Child Visa's for my children, we needed to front load as we only have 1 year RRV's so we're short of time.  I rang the medical place for an appointment and they couldn't give us one without the HAP ID's, I then found out you could generate them on your online Immi account as I've mentioned above.

Thanks ever so much for that I have to do mine and my children's so I'll look into that option - it just confused hell out of me being told I couldn't do it without the number ( I'm easily confused lol and thought you got the number when u paid and lodged your application?) I just thank god for forums like this and the friendly most helpful people , stops me going out of my tiny mind quite so much ? Xx

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

We got an agent from Australia for guidance and peace of mind, but as everything is done via email these days, it shouldn't matter whether they are from Aus or the UK. As long as they are registered agents (at the Migration Agents Registration Authority, or MARA) they should be equally qualified. 

And yes, the medicals can be booked swiftly and the results come back after a week or so, so you might as well wait for your CO to request them. The UK has an express service to get your Police Clearance within days too.

Hi did you get them to lodge the application for you or just simply use them to ask questions? Which ones did you use if you don't mind me asking? 

14 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Hi did you get them to lodge the application for you or just simply use them to ask questions? Which ones did you use if you don't mind me asking? 

We used them to lodge the application. I'm not sure we're meant to discuss agents by name on forums, but happy to talk about it over PM if you want :)

• Thanks 1

@TheWayOfThePony You can say migration agent names on the forum. Its case officer names you are not meant to use.

OP, a PMV should be really straightforward in terms of what is required and what you need to submit. If you want an initial consult with an agent, many will do that without charge. If you want them to actually handle and lodge your application, that is when fees will kick in.

Also keep in mind, lots of question asking without paying for their services may not happen. 

Have a read of the partner visa PDF. The PMV info is in there and I think once you've gotten your head round that and understand what is needed and perhaps have a read of the partner visa thread from recent times as it contains lots of people applying for a PMV you could probably figure it out. Then just take time to get familiar with the online process and hopefully it will make more sense. 

On 23/08/2017 at 08:52, TheWayOfThePony said:

We used them to lodge the application. I'm not sure we're meant to discuss agents by name on forums, but happy to talk about it over PM if you want :)

Hi there wayofthepony do feel free to pm any tips and advice much appreciated thanks ever so much , lots of good advice from various people is always a help xx 

On 23/08/2017 at 10:28, snifter said:

@TheWayOfThePony You can say migration agent names on the forum. Its case officer names you are not meant to use.

OP, a PMV should be really straightforward in terms of what is required and what you need to submit. If you want an initial consult with an agent, many will do that without charge. If you want them to actually handle and lodge your application, that is when fees will kick in.

Also keep in mind, lots of question asking without paying for their services may not happen. 

Have a read of the partner visa PDF. The PMV info is in there and I think once you've gotten your head round that and understand what is needed and perhaps have a read of the partner visa thread from recent times as it contains lots of people applying for a PMV you could probably figure it out. Then just take time to get familiar with the online process and hopefully it will make more sense. 

Thanks snifter am slowly trying to work through it , I think I need to slow a little then reread and take notes, I wouldn't expect an agent to work for free obviously, I just wondered if there was any different levels of payments like solicitors in a way I guess where free consult, pay hourly after, or on retainer? If you get my drift , but deffinatly going to just sit with a large coffee and read slowly through - my concern ATM is when they ask for family information which is limited on my mums side as I'm estranged from my sisters, mum step dad and eldest son, things like that I'm not sure how to proceed so yes your correct in the getting my head round it all x

Take your time.

I don't think they require masses of family info. Isn't it things like names, DOB and the like? Perhaps the PMV is different but if anything it's the easiest one of the partner visas to apply for in terms of evidence needed etc. The actual partner visa requires more evidence and info. 

I think you'll be ok. I am not sure agents charge by the hour. Not heard of that before. I've always understood if you want their services for your application you pay the fee (quite a chunk) and then they go to work for you. However you still need to gather all the supporting evidence anyways, even with an agent.

16 minutes ago, snifter said:

Take your time.

I don't think they require masses of family info. Isn't it things like names, DOB and the like? Perhaps the PMV is different but if anything it's the easiest one of the partner visas to apply for in terms of evidence needed etc. The actual partner visa requires more evidence and info. 

I think you'll be ok. I am not sure agents charge by the hour. Not heard of that before. I've always understood if you want their services for your application you pay the fee (quite a chunk) and then they go to work for you. However you still need to gather all the supporting evidence anyways, even with an agent.

Yes that's what I had assumed with agents n fees, it was just a random question that popped into my head ?

There was a question about my sons passport number which obviously I don't have I don't even have an address for him ? Obviously he won't be coming with us but until you answer the questions you can't go onto the next page, roll on the kids going back to school so I can get some peace to concentrate on the computer 

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed our visa grant will Be along a similar time scale 6months ish as some of the others I've seen on here ?? X

They do ask for family details on form 80 such as date of marriage of parents and siblings  (when applies) etc - so some info can require a bit of digging even if you're on good terms (as much as I like my siblings, I can't remember what day they got married exactly!). Hopefully it's nothing a short phone call or email won't sort out for you @Angelpie:)@snifter is right,  it is a matter of sitting down and taking the time to read the leaflet. Everything is in there, and if you need extra help, this forum is a godsend!

5 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

They do ask for family details on form 80 such as date of marriage of parents and siblings  (when applies) etc - so some info can require a bit of digging even if you're on good terms (as much as I like my siblings, I can't remember what day they got married exactly!). Hopefully it's nothing a short phone call or email won't sort out for you @Angelpie:)@snifter is right,  it is a matter of sitting down and taking the time to read the leaflet. Everything is in there, and if you need extra help, this forum is a godsend!

I have been sitting n reading all day it's been very therapeutic actually I feel a lot calmer after the great pointers and advice most things have started to make a lot more sense to me now I'm a little nervous about the nature of the household etc questions so I may have to re read my answers and tweak them xx

@TheWayOfThePony Is everyone asked to fill out form 80 these days? Or are people just doing it because they may be asked. 

Curious as it didn't used to be a thing that everyone had to fill iirc, just when and if your CO asked you to (and many never got asked) and wondering if that has now changed and its all applicants have to submit it. 

@snifter sounds like it's the same as it wasn't on the official list of documents to provide,  but we were asked by the CO to send it when they requested the PCC and medical. I'm not sure if they ask for it systematically now. Our agent had us fill it beforehand, so he was obviously expecting it.

@angelpie we didn't have much regarding the nature of the household as we didn't live together (which is more or less the nature of the PMV after all) so we just provided screencaps of our chats discussing how we would organise our life together, bank statements showing we split costs etc, and explained how we were planning to live together in our statement.

16 minutes ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

@snifter sounds like it's the same as it wasn't on the official list of documents to provide,  but we were asked by the CO to send it when they requested the PCC and medical. I'm not sure if they ask for it systematically now. Our agent had us fill it beforehand, so he was obviously expecting it.

That makes sense. 

I tend to go with if its not officially on the list of documents to submit, you don't have to include it but be prepared it may be asked for at a later date like any other evidence can be requested. We did this with our son's full birth certificate. It wasn't on the list of documents to submit but we got a certified copy ready to go in case it was asked for. It was a while later and we sent it along within the week. 

I don't see everyone saying they get asked for a Form 80 so am not sure its standard. 

1 hour ago, snifter said:

That makes sense. 

I tend to go with if its not officially on the list of documents to submit, you don't have to include it but be prepared it may be asked for at a later date like any other evidence can be requested. We did this with our son's full birth certificate. It wasn't on the list of documents to submit but we got a certified copy ready to go in case it was asked for. It was a while later and we sent it along within the week. 

I don't see everyone saying they get asked for a Form 80 so am not sure its standard. 

I have all full birth certificates aswell as the shorter ones, can you tell me when it says do you have any other Identifying documents -tick yes or no , so I ticked yes as I had my birth certificate but then it asks for an I'd number off that , on the two copies I have both numbers are different ? Do I change that n tick no and just add a not I've enclosed scans of them?