Expression of Interest for 189 visa - Nurse

RedgieA

On 9/21/2017 at 21:34, RedgieA said:

Hi @lhumphreys, ANMAC will issue certificate that certify that they recognised you nurse qualification. Once you have the ANMAC certificate you can apply for EOI. Yes, English language test can boost your points. You will likely to get invited sooner that later with higher point. No need to submit any copy of results during EOI process,  You  can put your English language test results  on your EOI but make sure you can back it up all info on your EOI once you get the invitation to apply for visa.

Good luck

Hi Redgie!

Thanks so much for your response! Did the ANMAC certificate state how many points you had based off of your years of experience/education/etc, and then you submit the points with your EOI? How did you find out your official points (versus me just calculating what I think I have)? Also, I am already licensed in Australia, so I just have to do the modified assessment. Do you know how long the assessments took to hear back from with ANMAC prior to your certificate? Thanks so much!

On 9/22/2017 at 17:10, d_rabadia said:

Time line for my nursing application

EOI - 01/05/2017

INVITATION - AFTER 10 DAYS

VISA LODGE - 10 MAY 2017

VISA GRANT - 21 SEP 2017

Hi @d_rabadia

Do you mind me asking when you submitted for your skills assessment? And how long that took prior to the EOI? Were you already licensed in Australia at the time? Thank you so much for your help!

Lindsey

Results are up from last invitation round and the effective date is 13/09/17 so looks promising for 60 pointers on next round 4th October. But there are less invites being given in october. We are putting EOI in on 1st October with 60 points so we will have to wait a while by the looks of it.

Hi,@lhumphreys. ANMAC  certificate or called letter of determination. It doesn't provide any qualifying points. ANMAC only assess your qualifications and experience based on the documents you provide to them. It will only determine that your skills has been assessed for migration for your nominated occupation (AMZSCO). You will get 10 points for the ANMAC assessment based on the immigration point based calculation. 

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx 

On 2017/9/27 at 15:51, stevej said:

Results are up from last invitation round and the effective date is 13/09/17 so looks promising for 60 pointers on next round 4th October. But there are less invites being given in october. We are putting EOI in on 1st October with 60 points so we will have to wait a while by the looks of it.

Yes, it does make sense as a prediction. I am waiting for the next round as well.

On 26/09/2017 at 16:35, lhumphreys said:

Hi @d_rabadia

Do you mind me asking when you submitted for your skills assessment? And how long that took prior to the EOI? Were you already licensed in Australia at the time? Thank you so much for your help!

Lindsey

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I submitted my skills assessment around 1st Feb. Assessment took 3 months back then due to a high number of applicants. I had to apply for registration before applying for my ANMAC assessment as i had completed my nursing degree in Australia. The nursing registration took around 4 weeks.

7 hours ago, d_rabadia said:

Hi sorry for the late reply.

I submitted my skills assessment around 1st Feb. Assessment took 3 months back then due to a high number of applicants. I had to apply for registration before applying for my ANMAC assessment as i had completed my nursing degree in Australia. The nursing registration took around 4 weeks.

Hi there,

Thanks for the response! I'm already licensed with AHPRA so only need to do the modified skills assessment. Is that what you did as well because you were licensed, or you got licensed in the process? Online it's saying the current turn around is only 3 weeks for the modified so fingers crossed (although one of the jurisdictions I was licensed in is taking forever to send my letter of good standing :( ), so I can't even submit yet. Thanks for helping to keep me informed!

Lindsey

On 9/27/2017 at 04:07, RedgieA said:

Hi,@lhumphreys. ANMAC  certificate or called letter of determination. It doesn't provide any qualifying points. ANMAC only assess your qualifications and experience based on the documents you provide to them. It will only determine that your skills has been assessed for migration for your nominated occupation (AMZSCO). You will get 10 points for the ANMAC assessment based on the immigration point based calculation. 

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/the-points-table.aspx 

I'm so sorry I'm still confused. Are the 10 points coming from the years of skilled employment or you also just get 10 points for finishing the ANMAC skills assessment? (If so that would be great news for an extra 10 points!) Or is ti coming from this line: An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation?

Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by lhumphreys
more information included

The only 10 points that can come from an ANMAC assessment is points test advice based on your submitted employment references, in this case it would have to be 5 years or more post registration.

Other than that, you get 15 points for having a degree level qualification.

Bear in mind that any points test advice from ANMAC is precisely that - advice. It's highly advantageous to have it, but it's up to the case officer at the visa stage to make the final determination.

Regards,

Richard

• Like 1

Hi @Richard Gregan,

Thanks so much for the response. So you're saying that the only way to get 10 or more points is based off of years of experience that ANMAC assesses through your letters of reference? When you get the ANMAC determination letter do they tell you how many years they are giving you credit for? I currently have 8.5, but am applying as a perioperative nurse, and am worried that during the time I did travel nursing (1 year) I wasn't scrubbing (still circulated), while working in labor and delivery setting/labor and delivery OR setting, and that they might not give me full points for that year. (Really hoping for the 15!) Do they tell you your points on your letter of determination?

I have 2 degrees- one bachelor (communication) and masters (in nursing)- do they ever give you more points for more degrees or only for the one relevant to the field you're applying for?

Finally, as @RedgieA mentioned earlier- this line under the points based system:

An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.

-what type of things does this consist of? I currently hold a certificate as a Clinical Nurse Leader that was awarded by taking a very difficult test after my masters- would that be relevant? Should I submit that to ANMAC?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Like 1

Yes, when it comes to assessing employment experience for points, ANMAC will award points based on submitted references. In doing so ,they will assess each role and decide the exact category for each role.

As for qualifications, you can't score any more than 15 points, no matter how many degrees you have, unless you have a PHD, which is 20 points.

The line you mention regarding 10 points is for qualifications below degree level (diplomas etc). You can't score any points for that as you are already being awarded 15 points for having a degree.

Regards,

Richard

• Like 1

On 2017/10/3 at 15:13, lhumphreys said:

Hi there,

Thanks for the response! I'm already licensed with AHPRA so only need to do the modified skills assessment. Is that what you did as well because you were licensed, or you got licensed in the process? Online it's saying the current turn around is only 3 weeks for the modified so fingers crossed (although one of the jurisdictions I was licensed in is taking forever to send my letter of good standing :( ), so I can't even submit yet. Thanks for helping to keep me informed!

Lindsey

yes, true, it just took few weeks for the modified assessment by ANMAC.

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi I'm a nurse working in Glasgow I submitted my EOI last week I have 60 points does anyone know how long I might wait for a invitation 

thanks in advance 

Current wait is after June 2018 if they continue with the numbers that they're letting through...see all non pro rata occupations at the bottom of the list 

Screenshot_20171119-101130.png

4 minutes ago, KangaKit said:

So..when do the pro-raters start again? Is it June or July? Would this potentially mean that 60 pointers like myself not get an invitation at all as the pro-ratered occupations will then be reinvited? I only have til next Oct as then I will lose age points.

I'm not sure. Remember that table is an estimate. If they increase numbers to more than 1000 it'll be quicker, if they reduce numbers it'll be longer. Follow Iscah Australian Migration on FB and they do updates every month regarding wait times for 189 EOI. Its really good and our estimate with them was spot on

• 5 months later...
On 04/10/2017 at 10:22, Richard Gregan said:

Yes, when it comes to assessing employment experience for points, ANMAC will award points based on submitted references. In doing so ,they will assess each role and decide the exact category for each role.

As for qualifications, you can't score any more than 15 points, no matter how many degrees you have, unless you have a PHD, which is 20 points.

The line you mention regarding 10 points is for qualifications below degree level (diplomas etc). You can't score any points for that as you are already being awarded 15 points for having a degree.

Regards,

Richard

Hi,

I would love some help please....

Im worried abut my EOI. i have a total of 6yrs experience but when I applied for ANMAC i only provided references for the past 3 1/2 years. So ANMAC are only able to approve 5 points for me. On the EOI, when i fill in my full employment history it of course then gives me 15 points. So my EOI says Im claiming 75 where i know that with ANMAC they'll only be able to approve 70. Is this a problem?? I don't want my application to be rejected because of this. Would they just only approve me for 70 points and process it with 70 points or would they reject it?  Or am I able to submit evidence of experience directly with visa application?

:-/

Ali

1 minute ago, Ali J said:

Hi,

I would love some help please....

Im worried abut my EOI. i have a total of 6yrs experience but when I applied for ANMAC i only provided references for the past 3 1/2 years. So ANMAC are only able to approve 5 points for me. On the EOI, when i fill in my full employment history it of course then gives me 15 points. So my EOI says Im claiming 75 where i know that with ANMAC they'll only be able to approve 70. Is this a problem?? I don't want my application to be rejected because of this. Would they just only approve me for 70 points and process it with 70 points or would they reject it?  Or am I able to submit evidence of experience directly with visa application?

:-/

Ali

sorry - i mean my EOI gives me 10 points instead of 5 for employment history- total of 75