Expression of Interest for 189 visa - Nurse

RedgieA

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Moving to Oz said:

Hi,  can you do the general? How many points do you need on general to get the 20 points?

im doing pte Friday ?

Yes, i've passes the Academic with 7's for my skills assessment so can do the general but will need 8's for the 20 points. 

I think we may be invited before i do it in Oct now as the invites have increased to 1750 for both September rounds.

Good luck for Friday ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm just now doing the ANMAC assessment process. Once finished did ANMAC tell you what your points were with your letter? Just wondering (other than me reading and assigning myself points) how/when you get your official number. Also, if taking the English language test to boost up points do I submit my scores when applying for the EOI? Finally, after submitting an EOI I am confused about the mention of seeing the rounds and the amount of people waiting etc. Is this shown to you once submitting the EOI?

Congratulations fellow nurses! Hope we all cross paths in Oz! Thank you for any and all help in advance!

Hi @lhumphreys, ANMAC will issue certificate that certify that they recognised you nurse qualification. Once you have the ANMAC certificate you can apply for EOI. Yes, English language test can boost your points. You will likely to get invited sooner that later with higher point. No need to submit any copy of results during EOI process,  You  can put your English language test results  on your EOI but make sure you can back it up all info on your EOI once you get the invitation to apply for visa.

Good luck

Hi All, Has anyone already apply for visa? I just want to get a bit of timeline from all of you. Hope you can post here.

Here's my timeline so far:

5/9/17 EOI received

18/9/17 Visa application submitted, docs uploaded, no medical yet. (link for medical on the online application not yet active)

4 hours ago, RedgieA said:

Hi All, Has anyone already apply for visa? I just want to get a bit of timeline from all of you. Hope you can post here.

Here's my timeline so far:

5/9/17 EOI received

18/9/17 Visa application submitted, docs uploaded, no medical yet. (link for medical on the online application not yet active)

Hi, i think our agent is submitting our visa today ? they advised us to wait until we are assigned a CO and asked for Police checks & medicals. I know a few people submit everything at one for a quick turn around

2 hours ago, mrsgellerby said:

Hi, i think our agent is submitting our visa today ? they advised us to wait until we are assigned a CO and asked for Police checks & medicals. I know a few people submit everything at one for a quick turn around

It does reduce the time in which you then are able to validate your visa/make the move and isn't recommended .. having said that it doesn't stop people doing it, but they are surprised when they don't get a full year to validate their visa.  The visa grant is from the date of the medicals/police check - whichever has the earliest date.  Some people have been caught out by this and had a costly validation/holiday.

15 hours ago, mrsgellerby said:

Was you assigned a CO d_rabadia or was yours a direct grant? Our visa was lodged yesterday. Hoping for a grant in January/ Feb time ?

Yes i was on 10th July. After almost 2 months

They requested i upload a UNI completion letter. Even though i had submitted graduation statements and transcripts

• Like 1