Morrisons Home Delivery

Bridgeman

I thought I would post this as it might be useful for anyone who has elderly relatives at home in the UK and is looking for a way to help them out.  My sister-in-law who is an only child was looking for a way to help her 90 year old parents in the UK and spoke to various retailers and eventually Morrisons who announced that they now accept overseas credit cards for home deliveries.  She is now able to order products online for them, including groceries when they are not always able to get out themselves, if the weather is bad for example or if they are not well.  At the moment it is only a trial, and so they don't deliver everywhere yet.

Edited by Bridgeman
  • Like 1

It is often the case that retailers only accept cards registered to the particular country they were issued.  Another option to help elderly parents would be to register a power of attorney on their bank account which would give you a debit card that you could use to order things. 

We have done it for years with both Sainsbury's and Marks & Spencer. At one time the town where MIL lives did not have a Sainsbury but a Tesco where we couldn't use the card or even our UK debit card as the system was recognizing a foreign computer being used, when contacted them they said they knew of the problem and were trying to change it, haven't bothered since as now a Sainsbury in town.