Submitted 3 weeks ago, no contact as yet..normal?

KLeanne

Hi All, I submitted my Partner Visa 3 weeks ago, and received the email of acknowledgement, but haven't heard anything since, and am becoming concerned a little, as I'm reading that a lot of people received requests for medical etc after 10 days ish! I've heard nothing! Is this normal? When I check the status of the app, it says "received", and that the application had been placed in the que.

many thank you's!!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I'd say its perfectly normal. It could be your CO is on holiday, off sick or else just hasn't gotten to you yet. 

Also keep in mind that what other people experience isn't going to mean the same will happen to you. The official wait time is well over 10 months for grants and that they are processing quicker at present for many does not mean they have to for everyone nor will they. 

Just sit tight. Your application is lodged, you've had some contact so know its all in the system. 

I'd say its perfectly normal. It could be your CO is on holiday, off sick or else just hasn't gotten to you yet. 

Also keep in mind that what other people experience isn't going to mean the same will happen to you. The official wait time is well over 10 months for grants and that they are processing quicker at present for many does not mean they have to for everyone nor will they. 

Just sit tight. Your application is lodged, you've had some contact so know its all in the system. 

Thanks Snifter! Was just getting a bit worried something was wrong!

It's a lottery. We were contacted after a week and a friend of mine didn't hear anything for nine months. Sit tight and make plans. We filled our time by selling belongings we didn't want to ship, researching jobs and networking on LinkedIn and all that kind of stuff. Good luck! 

• Like 1

It's a lottery. We were contacted after a week and a friend of mine didn't hear anything for nine months. Sit tight and make plans. We filled our time by selling belongings we didn't want to ship, researching jobs and networking on LinkedIn and all that kind of stuff. Good luck! 

Thanks! Yep heading out 2 weeks time on a tourist visa! All stuff sold! :)

• Like 2