Age restrictions on 457 visa

sunshinedawn

13 hours ago, Chicken66 said:

Zatara80 from what i have heard/read the pathway from 457 to pr is/ has been scrapped. No longer an option. At least that's what i understood was happening.

http://www.mondaq.com/australia/x/589232/work+visas/PM+announces+abolition+of+457+visa+introduces+458+visa+instead

We will be going on a 4 year- 457 Visa, my understanding is that people on the short stay will have no pathway whereas Mid/Longstay 457 Visa holders will still have an option to apply for PR. 

Article submitted above is by an immigration Lawyer. 

I have read this on a numerous articles and my understanding is that from January 2018 All States will adopt school fees for 457 Visa holders...
I would personally write to the Department of Education in Victoria and clarify what their current and future guidelines are...it might be that they themselves are waiting for instructions and with the immigration system facing so many changes in the coming months, including the scrapping of 457 visas, they might have put this on hold! 
I think I will write to them myself as this will affect my family personally when we relocate, will post the answer here if I hear back. 

I have emailed the department of education in Victoria about school fees. When I get a reply I will post it

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PomsinOz mobile app

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zatara80 said:

I have read this on a numerous articles and my understanding is that from January 2018 All States will adopt school fees for 457 Visa holders...

I would personally write to the Department of Education in Victoria and clarify what their current and future guidelines are...it might be that they themselves are waiting for instructions and with the immigration system facing so many changes in the coming months, including the scrapping of 457 visas, they might have put this on hold! 

I think I will write to them myself as this will affect my family personally when we relocate, will post the answer here if I hear back. 

I guess they may be overhauling it when the 457 is abolished next year. Haven't seen any official announcments yet though, keeping an eye out for my mates in queensland on 457s.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2017 at 20:14, Zatara80 said:

It refers to South Australia!

i think if Victoria and Queensland had joined the school fees party there would have been considerable discussion about it by now so at the moment Vic and Qld are "free"

• Like 1

On 12/08/2017 at 15:47, Zatara80 said:

It is my understanding that Victoria do not charge fees for 457 visa holders 

• Thanks 1