457 to 190 PR Applications (Living in Australia)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience of applying for PR 190 Visa whilst in Australia (currently here on a 457). We've applied for state nomination in QLD but when I called the Immigration Dept. here in Queensland the agent was not very helpful and they didn't seem to be able to give me any indication of anything really. It was a frustrating conversation - not helped by the fact that this persons English was very poor, we struggled to communicate. I've been offered a better job than the one I'm currently with a sponsor for on my 457 but it does require that I have PR in order to accept. My family and I had already started the process but we are still waiting for nomination from the state (they say there is a backlog due to changes in the 457 and no extra capacity to deal with the increase in volume). The time frame has changed a lot since the application for state nomination was lodged, I'm not sure if already having a visa will help to expedite the process or not?

Thanks in advance :-)