Partner visa 309/100 question

Andrew37

You apply for them both anyways so it's a non issue really.

Depending on the length of time you've been together (and provide evidence for) you'll either be granted the first stage, the 309 and then 2 years later the second stage, the 100 follows providing you are still a couple and can prove this. Or you'll get to skip the 309 temp stage of the visa  and be granted the 100 from the off.

Just apply for the visa and see what gets granted. I'd expect the 100 given 7 years but ensure you provide evidence to back it up.

Yes you do. And immigration will decide as to if you get the 309 to start or go straight to the 100. 

Apply for the 309/100 same as everyone else :) 

Hi Guys. My wife has applied a partner visa 309 on 28 June 2016. The application is in the final stages. Today she receive the email that your medicals are not valid after 1 year. Online immiaccount showing medical is clear for the processing of this visa.

My query is that the visa processing has been delayed by the immigration deptt then why should one undergo the medical checkup again? 

Does it happen to anyone else who are waiting for decision for more than 12 months?

8 hours ago, Awais said:

Hi Guys. My wife has applied a partner visa 309 on 28 June 2016. The application is in the final stages. Today she receive the email that your medicals are not valid after 1 year. Online immiaccount showing medical is clear for the processing of this visa.

My query is that the visa processing has been delayed by the immigration deptt then why should one undergo the medical checkup again? 

Does it happen to anyone else who are waiting for decision for more than 12 months?

It doesn't matter why it is delayed. If the medical has to be done again thats just tough luck. Its why people are advised not to do them until requested. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

It doesn't matter why it is delayed. If the medical has to be done again thats just tough luck. Its why people are advised not to do them until requested. 

I have not done it on my own. The immigration deptt advise me to undertake the medical on the HAP ID letter they have email on 29 June 2016 and given us 28 days timeline.

Now they have taken more than one year in sorting out our case and I am not sure whether i should argue with them on this. Any advice?

On 09/08/2017 at 08:51, Awais said:

I have not done it on my own. The immigration deptt advise me to undertake the medical on the HAP ID letter they have email on 29 June 2016 and given us 28 days timeline.

Now they have taken more than one year in sorting out our case and I am not sure whether i should argue with them on this. Any advice?

You could politely point out the above, that they requested the med back then but ultimately if they want another one done and it's that or you don't get your Visa, just bite the bullet and get another one done. Better that than lose the entire application and all monies paid so far.