How many Resident Return Visas do we need?

seraphim

This seems like it would be straightforward but I thought I'd ask the forum.

We started as PR holders and have applied for citizenship just after deadline (became eligible on the day but the info they wanted (dad's favourite colour, Mums shoe size etc) delayed us a few days, and so the current policy of freeze has stuffed that up a bit, so we are going to need RRV's in case we get an emergency call back to the UK or anyway for a holiday next year.

My question is, we arrived (partner, child and myself) on 1 visa application. Do we EACH need an RRV now (i.e 3x RRV's), plus 3 x Fee's of $365, or do we do an RRV as we did the original PR visa, all as one family unit (Child is under 7), for a single fee of $365. 

Would be great if it cost $365 rather than $1095!!!

Thanks!

Edited by seraphim

51 minutes ago, seraphim said:

This seems like it would be straightforward but I thought I'd ask the forum.

We started as PR holders and have applied for citizenship just after deadline (became eligible on the day but the info they wanted (dad's favourite colour, Mums shoe size etc) delayed us a few days, and so the current policy of freeze has stuffed that up a bit, so we are going to need RRV's in case we get an emergency call back to the UK or anyway for a holiday next year.

My question is, we arrived (partner, child and myself) on 1 visa application. Do we EACH need an RRV now (i.e 3x RRV's), plus 3 x Fee's of $365, or do we do an RRV as we did the original PR visa, all as one family unit (Child is under 7), for a single fee of $365. 

Would be great if it cost $365 rather than $1095!!!

Thanks!

You need one each, even the kids, as each RRV is linked to a specific visa

Agree with AJ. Don't bother applying till you actually need them. If you plan on a holiday next year apply nearer the time for them. Could be citizenship is sorted in the meantime too.

Why not wait till you actually need them? It may be your citizenship will be sorted before your holiday. Or just get yours done in case of emergency and the rest if actually needed in the future.