You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Gazobrien08

Vetasses technical interview Chef

Okay my name is Gary i have a vetassess technical interview tomorrow 7th of August I have been a chef nearly 13 year's and I am nervous about what's going to happen i know i should relax and study a little bit but my mind wonders the worst anyways since I can't find any help anywhere about anyone doing a vetassess technical interview i will give an update after i finish my one so I can let chef's know what to expect when they go in any hows wish me luck i keep yous posted.

• Like 1

How did it go, @Gazobrien08 ? I'm from a totally different profession, but I'm curious. Do they just ask you questions or even ask you to cook up something to see your skills?

Hi so i went for technical interview it was 2 hours long from 2pm to 4 pm i got ask 57 questions about everything in cheffing my biggest weakness is pastries i am terribly i could not remember how you make certain pastry as i did about 13 years ago in college any hows i came out of the interview thinking i had failed due to not remembering about pastry so for about a week and a half i was sick as a dog with worries i got the phone call from my immigration lawyer saying i had passed my skills assessment i was delighted here's were i got annoyed so i did my test on the  7th of August i got out of the test center at 4 pm they sent the certificate on the very same day i did my test which is very strange looks like they just tick boxs if you look at the sheet i got C on everything which means competent even on pastries which I couldn't remember a thing anyways I am delighted hopefully this will help a lot of people.

2017-08-21 13.31.28.jpg

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Gary glad it went ok, could you give any examples of the questions?  

That's great news Gary!

I should point out that Vetassess take the marking very seriously, so you shouldn't be annoyed because they issued the result almost right away (Vetassess are usually accused of being too slow. They can never win can they?).

While I can't comment on your pastries, I wouldn't want people to imagine the interview is a simple box ticking exercise. That may lead to a disappointing outcome for some.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Gregan Registered Migration Agent 9905168, MIA 880

www.overseas-emigration.co.uk

Direct telephone 0131 625 6900

Richard@my-oe.com

hi Gazoberin

i want some help for vetassess as a chef

i have 3 year full time experience and i am ready to apply for vetassessment so can yu suggest me for which way i can go 

as a cook 

or as a chef

which is best for me to apply for permanent visa