U.K. Tiler wanting pr

smiffypro

Hi I'm James and I've been wall and floor tiling for 10 years now. I'm 27 and have been working for myself for around 5years. I have a level two qualification in tiling. I have an impressive history of work and if now traveling Australia:)

I've always wanted to live here but it confuses me about getting resident

I think ATM the only way for me is to find an employer that wants to sponsor me.

Or is there another way guys ?

Thanks for reading this and good day [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi and welcome. 

I have moved your post to where it will get a better response. 

Depending on which, if any list, your occupation is on, you may be able to obtain a permanent visa independently. The starting point is border.gov.au and look at the skilled occupation lists and if it is on the medium and long term list, then look at the 189 visa. Then you need to calculate points and look at what the skills assessment requires. 

Hi mate.  I am a nvq level 3 tiler and had my tra refused despite having 15 years experience. The best bet for you whilst in Australia is to get the aqf lll certificate in wall and floor tiling.  See link.  https://www.myskills.gov.au/Courses/details?Code=CPC31311

You may have a difficult time gaining tra  skills assessment without the Australian qualification due to only having nvq level2.

Or I suggest trying to get a sponsor.

Good luck mate

• 5 years later...