Immi Card

kellief

3 minutes ago, kellief said:

Hi

My partner has been given a 309 visa but does he need an Immi Card. If so how do I get one and how much are they? Do I need one if I have an Australian Passport.

Appreciate any help thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

What do you mean, an Immi card? Australia does not have anything by that name. Visas are all electronic now and are linked to the holder's passport. 

• is an alternative option for some permanent visa holders who do not have, or cannot use or obtain, a passport and are unable to use the VEVO system.

So for most people not required.  While the "Permanent Residence Evidence ImmiCard" is no longer issued, you can get an "Evidence of Immigration Status ImmiCard" should you need one!

Edited by Croft

On 07/08/2017 at 04:46, kellief said:

Thanks a lot

I read that it would help prove residency for medical care etc.

Has it been replaced by anything or does it just no longer exist.

thank you 

Surely he will enrol with Medicare and so onto access healthcare? He'll need his passport, full visa grant letter with official heading and CO name etc at end (usually sent via email to applicant of visa) and whatever else Medicare requires. It's pretty straightforward once visa is granted and he is in Aus.