Shipping companies

Guest alifaz

Guest alifaz

Has anyone experienced big differences in cubic footage from different companies? Just had three quotes and PSS come in at 100cu ft less than Crown and Anglo Pacific...!!

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

As a guideline, in the industry it's generally accepted that there could be up to a 10% variance in volumes between different surveyors as it's a human process. 

A good idea to check this isn't because of an error is to ask the companies for a copy of the inventory list of items their volume is based on and check that there aren't any items or rooms missing that might have caused the variance.

hope that helps?

We had varying quotes on volume and price. Bad personal experience with PSS and their 'customer service'. They did squeeze everything in a 20ft although some stuff we had on our 'if there's room' wish list got left behind while we found stuff from the 'only take if there's room' pile when we were unpacking!! And the fact is it all got there but not in one piece in quite a few cases. This is obviously just my personal experience, take a broad view of others have good things to say.
Coming back we had everyone say we were over a 20ft, even though we'd slimmed down from the stuff we took out and flat packed more. We self packed the boxes and the removal company did all the big items. We had about 2ft left at the back of the container when they'd finished and put the bulkhead in. A bit disappointing as I wanted to get a new bike in the EOFY sales but didn't dare risk it not getting in.

Guest alifaz

Thanks for all the info guys, it has helped tremendously[emoji106] I had a 'feeling' about the PSS quote....I felt we would feel landed a big bill after collection for 'over footage'...!!
Have bitten the bullet today and gone with Anglo pacific !! Fingers crossed for a smooth shipping..!!

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi we have used Brittania whom I cannot fault. Fantastic lads pre pack & amazing loading our 20ft container for our family of 6 we still had room for more & we didn't leave much behind. We can even track where our container is afb97e3095394130353f106e36c8916e.jpgafb97e3095394130353f106e36c8916e.jpg6b1fe3b6330f2fbe5b6b2a54dead86e5.jpg

This is the room we had left over. It was pouring down the two days our move was being done not one thing got wet they were fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• Like 1