hetx

Hello All,

Here's my scenario: I was introduced to an Aus citizen and we met up a few weeks ago. We have known eachother since highschool, but never kept in touch and we were introduced to eachother by our parents. I have studied in Aus in the same city as him, so we have been in the same events numerous times, but do not have photos together. We are keen on eachother and want to get engaged in December 2017- so I can say that we are engaged, but having the ceremonial engagement in Dec. Since it is an arranged marriage, there has not been a proposal. Since the visa process takes a lot of time, we wish to start the PMV 300 application as soon as possible. He lives in Australia and I live in a different country.

Here is the evidence we have and can provide:
-Photos from our trip together
-bookings for hotels we stayed at together
-tour bookings under our names
-whatsapp chat
-whatsapp phone call (we talk everyday)
-photos with his parents
-photos with mutual friends
-stat dec from 3 friends who are aus citizens
-ticket for his trip for our engagement in Dec
-we will figure out a date for civil marriage (try to figure out when I may be granted PMV300 and in between the 9 months) and get a booking with a registrar & quote for the wedding venue, the wedding will be in my home country and not in Aus
-statements from our parents informing acceptance of our marriage as we are of the same caste/religion
-invitations for events we are both invited to, to show social acceptance

My question is,
1. can I apply for PMV 300 as soon as possible with the above evidence?
2. do we really need to update photos on facebook of the two of us and provide that as evidence? (We are not quite active on facebook, but have been friends since Aug 2009)
3. What can we provide as proof to show that we are planning a future together? We cannot have joint bank accounts as I do not reside in Aus.

I have read quite a few forums in the past few weeks and I am still not sure whether I can start my application straight away.

Any help will be highly appreciated Thank you :)

In general, the evidence required for a PMV is much less than that needed for partner visas.  The minimum requirements are that you are both legally able to marry, that you have met in person and that you intend to have a genuine married relationship.  The proof of your intentions can be statements from the both of you plus some statements from family/friends.  You don't need evidence of shared finances for a PMV.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, hetx said:

Thank you for your reply.

Also, at what stage of the application do I need to pay the AUD 7,000?

Thank you

You pay the fee for each stage PMV and Partner) as soon as you lodge it. You need to pay before attaching the evidence documents. 

Edited by Nemesis

The most important thing is to show that you have met in person. We were specifically asked to include photos of us together, bookings under our names weren't enough.

And to show that you have been in continuous communication since you have decide to enter a committed and exclusive relationship. So screencaps of whatsapp chats, emails etc (they don't need everything, just enough to show you are regularly talking to each other). Don't forget to explain in your statement why you haven't been able to live together as your case officer can't guess and needs to know.

Proving that you are planning a future together: you can provide screencaps of your chats or emails discussing your future life together: your upcoming wedding, where you will live, etc. All your plans as a couple! 

You need evidence that you are socially accepted as a couple, so photos with family and friends, interaction Facebook, events you went to together etc are good!

Finances: you don't need to reside in Oz to set up a joint bank account. As long as your partner does, that's fine (we set up one while I was visiting him in Oz and not living there).

Another way to show financial support is to provide evidence that you share the cost of your trips and activities. Or that one supports the other financially.

Best of luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am going through the process of applying at the moment, we will not be living together nor having any shared bills ect until we are married. This is due to our religious beliefs. My agent has said that it isn't an issue at all and as long as we have the witness statements, enough evidence we have met (we were together for over a year when I was in Australia) and that we mention this in our joint statement. I would always recommend having a agent help you if your application is not 100% straight forward. It takes the stress out of it and always good to get their input into these types of situations. Hope its going well for you!! 

21 hours ago, GeoffHotchkiss said:

I am going through the process of applying at the moment, we will not be living together nor having any shared bills ect until we are married. This is due to our religious beliefs. My agent has said that it isn't an issue at all and as long as we have the witness statements, enough evidence we have met (we were together for over a year when I was in Australia) and that we mention this in our joint statement. I would always recommend having a agent help you if your application is not 100% straight forward. It takes the stress out of it and always good to get their input into these types of situations. Hope its going well for you!! 

You don't have to live together at all to get a PMV. No need to mention religious grounds or anything, there is simply no requirement for it.