You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Millie

Documents for partner visa (309)

I've been looking into the de facto visa documentation, I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and lived with him and his family for 10 months, we can prove we paid rent and that we are both on the car insurance and money transfers between our banks but we don't really have any other household or financial documentation. Do you think this will be or problem or do you have any other ideas that I could use for this documentation?

You could get his parents to write a statement re your living together with him in their home, paying rent etc. It may need to be witnessed, would need to check that.

Do your bank accounts reflect you at the same address? Salary slips? Drivers licence? 

Just now, snifter said:

You could get his parents to write a statement re your living together with him in their home, paying rent etc. It may need to be witnessed, would need to check that.

Do your bank accounts reflect you at the same address? Salary slips? Drivers licence? 

We have salary slips that go to the same address and our bank statements do too. My drivers license is British so no. Do you think this is enough evidence? It's a lot of money to through away if it isn't

It seems on the light side but I'm not an expert.

Are you in Aus or the UK? You say you've been living with your partner for 10 months, so don't yet meet the 12 months de facto. You need to be able to provide evidence for the 12 months prior to lodging. 

I know of couples who lived with one set of parents and provided statements from the parents verifying their relationship and that they had been living in their home, paying rent etc. But they also had been de facto for longer than 12 months and had more other evidence.

I know there are special circumstances, so I've been in the UK for a month now, in another month we would be in a de facto relationship for 12 months. My partner is in the police academy so he has to live on site, therefore I can't live with him but I can prove that we're in contact

Ok so I looked back over your past posts to try to work out your situation as its not very clear from your post. 

You were in Aus on a WHV and are now back in the UK and looking to get back to Aus to be with your partner from what I can tell. Is this correct? 

TBH at this point in time, you seem a little light on the supporting evidence. Are you currently living apart (due to...? your WHV expiring and having to return to the UK?) in different countries. If so this could be a stumbling block.

You were also looking at the 12 months tourist visa but seem to now be looking at the partner visa. 

What state does your partner live in in Aus? If its one of the ones that recognise registering your relationship that would be good. He should do that asap if that is the case and you can use that in an application. It explains about this in the partner visa booklet so check it out and get yourself informed. I'd be making that booklet some serious bedtime reading over the next few weeks and getting to know the ins and outs of the process. 

Honestly, if he doesn't live in a state he can register your relationship, I'd be cautious about submitting an application atm. I'd run your case past a reputable migration agent before doing anything else and ensure you actually have assembled a decent application. Its a lot of money to pay otherwise. 

Yes, I moved on a working holiday visa but I moved back because he got into the Queensland police academy in Townsville which is a 17 hour drive from where we lived. He lives in the academy accomodation so obviously I can't live with him because they don't allow that. I've moved back in the meantime because I won't see him anyway because of the distance and I wanted to see family. The tourist visa only allows me to be in the country for 3 months at a time and it seems like everyone gets rejected if they have a partner in Australia. He lives in Queensland, can you register there?

Have a read of this. Check it meets the Aus immigration requirements.

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/marriage-weddings-and-civil-partnerships/civil-partnerships/fill-in-a-civil-partnership-application-form

I would still run your case past a reputable agent (any who post regularly on here would be a good starting point). You need to ensure your evidence is going to be sufficient. The time apart needs to be fully accounted for and you don't seem to have much to indicate you are de facto during this time. An agent could advise about this. 

Do you have a joint bank account you both pay in to? Savings account? Or are you transferring money between your accounts at present? Life insurance policy naming the other? 

It says visit a justice of peace with your partner. Do we both have to be present? We're in different countries 

I've not read it all. Don't have time to now tbh. You need to work that out. It could be it only needs one of you to be resident to register the relationship. 

3 hours ago, Millie said:

It says visit a justice of peace with your partner. Do we both have to be present? We're in different countries 

I would think you would have to go together. Registering is taken as the equivalent of marriage, and generally both persons have to be at the same place at the same time for that! Only one of you has to live in Queensland, the other can be visiting. Maybe contact them and ask for verification.