Processing times

My application was lodged in April for State Sponsored (NT) 489 visa...Police checks and Medical completed May 23rd. More information requested for medical, now health declaration showing finalised on the online system, and stating decision will be made within the agreed processing times. I believe the processing times will be taken from April, but the 12 months to activate the visa (if they give us one) will be from May when my Pc were done. Im worried we don't hear for a few months yet then we only have a limited to get the house on the market etc. How has everyone else worked this, am l panicking for nothing, what are the usual processing times for the 489 visa. My OH who is horizontal says it will all work out :)

Sent from my E6653 using PomsinOz mobile app

You don't have to make the full move in the 12 months from medical / police checks. You just have to visit Australia - just walking through passport control and back on the next flight is enough. Many people do a validation trip and use it as a research trip for the actual move. You have 5 years from grant to make the actual move

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, was hoping not to do it this way tbh as it's a few grand that we could really do to save, but it looks like this is something we are going to have to do. Do you know how the issuing of the visas work? I mean, are immigration limited to how many are issued per month, for example? Is there a certain date each month that they release who has been granted or is could any day be the day?

I'm in a similar situation (except on a 190 visa application). I was hoping for my validation trip to be our only trip, but it now looks like we will have to make a validation trip before our big move. I would much rather make a single trip and save some money, but have now accepted that it will be just another cost of moving to Oz.

Pete.

• Like 1

I'm in a similar situation (except on a 190 visa application). I was hoping for my validation trip to be our only trip, but it now looks like we will have to make a validation trip before our big move. I would much rather make a single trip and save some money, but have now accepted that it will be just another cost of moving to Oz.
Pete.

Hi Pete,

If you are like me l hate wasting money and l see a trip that l dont need as just that, however lm starting to realise it may become necessary with the current timescales. Can l ask how long you have been waiting and where you intend going once there.

Trudi

Hi Trudi

The simple answer is that we've been waiting too long. We applied on the 2nd March, so today is our 156th of waiting for the visa. We are being state nominated by SA, so are heading to Adelaide. Haven't got any further than that as of yet - waiting for positive visa news before we start looking closer at suburbs, etc.

Pete.

Hi Trudi
The simple answer is that we've been waiting too long. We applied on the 2nd March, so today is our 156th of waiting for the visa. We are being state nominated by SA, so are heading to Adelaide. Haven't got any further than that as of yet - waiting for positive visa news before we start looking closer at suburbs, etc.
Pete.

Well, all the very best when that news does come...l hope Oz is all you hope it to be and more.

Trudi