Termination of employment u der 457visa

Hi guys,

so iv arrived on a WHV with my partner, I became sponsored as the primary visa holder 2 years ago, conflict started earlier this year with my employer and I was made redundant. I can't find any other sponsor to take my visa on so my partner is lodging a 187 visa with his employment, me as a secondary BUT... as I'm not working we are kind of struggling financially so I am wondering if I can return back to England until the187 has been granted as my partner will be staying here and can my employer cover the cost of my flights even though I was already in Australia when I became sponsored. My Immi officer states I can only claim this is he paid my flights out here from England but I can't find anything about this on all the immi sites.

my 457 has not yet been officially cancelled, we haven't heard from the government but it can be anytime now and we need to lodge the new 187 asap before my partner can no longer work. 

Any advise would help, thanks guys

In essence...

Yes, you can return to England while the 187 is being processed.

If/when your 457 is cancelled, your partner's will also be cancelled (assuming he is a dependent on your 457?) taking his bridging visa along with it.  So he may have an issue remaining and working if this isn't addressed.  187 visas are currently taking 12+ months to be processed so it's more than likely this will become an issue.

AFAIK, your employer takes responsibility for paying your flight costs back to the country you arrived from and I've never heard this doesn't apply if you were already here.