Sign in to follow this  
Gareth 666

Notifying Centrelink we've left

Gareth 666    1,875

Hi,

Does anyone know how we notify Centrelink, Medicare etc that we've left and are not coming back? (Major windfall might change that!!)

I've changed address on Centrelink to no longer having a home address with UK address as postal. Claim withdrawn for payments as well. I can't find anywhere that says 'gone elsewhere'....

Cheers.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Parley    458

Why didn't you ring them before you left ?

You should ring them now if you are still receiving payments.

• Like 1

Gareth 666    1,875
Why didn't you ring them before you left ?
You should ring them now if you are still receiving payments.

We'd already withdrawn the claim and changed address once our last week rent was paid and therefore no longer in possession of any Aus residential address. In theory we don't actually have an address at present but we've entered our UK address as any post would take that long to get there anyway. I'm mainly trying to find out how you actually notify them you're not just changing address but leaving, probably for good.

Gareth 666    1,875

Ah, been on Twatter and got a reply. It's in travel oustside Australia section. I was being dumb and thought that was for holidays..... Doh!!!

AJ    1,730
2 minutes ago, Gareth 666 said:

Who are the AEC?

Australian Electoral Commission, you only need to do this if you are a citizen and registered to vote

Gareth 666    1,875
Australian Electoral Commission, you only need to do this if you are a citizen and registered to vote

Thanks, I'd had a rough stab at the acronym in my head and guess the E might be electoral. I'm not a citizen unfortunately so it's not an issue. Ta