Visitor visa 600 to visit boyfriend

Millie

My boyfriend has permanent residency in Australia, I went out there with him for 9 months on a working holiday visa and have recently returned. I want to go back at some point for up to 12 months on the Long Stay Visitor Visa (600£ Will they grant it to me and can I apply for permanent visas once the visitor visa ends? Also are there any other visa that I could do this with?

Edited by Millie

2 minutes ago, Loki Grundy said:

firstly, you can apply for a temporary partner visa after your visitor visa expires, this is the pathway to permanent residency in Australia.

It would be better to apply BEFORE the visitor visa expires, unless the poster wants to leave Australia. Do not be left onshore with no visa!

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/08/2017 at 02:21, Millie said:

My boyfriend has permanent residency in Australia, I went out there with him for 9 months on a working holiday visa and have recently returned. I want to go back at some point for up to 12 months on the Long Stay Visitor Visa (600£ Will they grant it to me and can I apply for permanent visas once the visitor visa ends? Also are there any other visa that I could do this with?

After having already spent 9 month on a working holiday visa, it is unlikely that you will be granted a further 12 months visitor visa.

You may be able to apply for a partner visa if you can meet the eligibility requirements.

As to whether there are any other visa options, it will depend on your specific situation. No one will be able to advise based on the minimal information provided. 

Raul Senise is a migration agent please be aware :) He does know what he is talking about. 

Have you looked into the partner visa and what it entails. As said, you could be able to apply perhaps if you can meet the requirements. 

As to other visas, no clue as no idea if your profession etc is on the list for any other visa type.

I do think its risky trying to apply for a 12 month tourist visa after a WHV. Its also not really the intent of the visa if you intend to use it to clock up de facto time for the 12 months. Plus it would be a tourist visa and so you'd not be able to work or much else. 

I'd spend a bit of time researching other options and seeing what you can work out.