So how much do you think you spent shipping your dog over?

Bound4Tassie

On 07/05/2018 at 13:52, SusieRoo said:

Fantastic to find such a well-written and detailed post.

I just have a couple of questions.

1. Was transport from Melbourne airport to Mickleham included in the quarantine/kennel part? Or did you have to arrange this yourself?

2. When you talk about a having a government-approved vet, is this a UK vet who is Australian government approved? I guess there will be a register for approved vets somewhere online.

Thank you in advance.

I've decided to go with transfur , I have a great coordinator Sophie, all my fees apart from vets fees are included, even quarantine and delivery to the Gold Coast , they will deliver her crate so she can get use to it then collect her from home to the airport ready to fly and give me a schedule for the vets stuff I still need to do nearer the time, everything I need is in my pacakage , my qualified vet is  a vets for pets vet, he has the qualifications that Australia requires so he can complete paperwork etc xx

Edited by Angelpie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2018 at 22:52, SusieRoo said:

Fantastic to find such a well-written and detailed post.

I just have a couple of questions.

1. Was transport from Melbourne airport to Mickleham included in the quarantine/kennel part? Or did you have to arrange this yourself?

2. When you talk about a having a government-approved vet, is this a UK vet who is Australian government approved? I guess there will be a register for approved vets somewhere online.

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

sorry for the late reply I don’t come on here very much... 

1. Transport is included in the whole quarantine cost - Quarantine liaise with Melbourne airport on a time to pick up your pet the morning he/she arrives and will provide updates to let you know this has happened - once all the paperwork is filed with Quarantine (that you do online) and the fee is paid - then the airline will discuss the time and date with quarantine for pick up behind the scenes and will just let you know the flight times and so on. 

2. Nope this is a UK government approved vet. Just ring a vets and ask if you have a govt approved vet available - if not try a different vets - we genuinely struck lucky that we had two such vets at our branch of vets for pets whom of which knew more about exporting pets than you could shake a stick at. But not all vets will be like that so ring around and find one that works for you :) I tried to find a register like that online but it didn’t prob very fruitful so I think the old fashioned way of asking the question personally will be best. 

Oh and to Rachel above - she settled in just fine - she was bit feral when I picked her up from the airport from missing us so much (to be expected really) but she was fatter than when we sent her and seemed clean and cared for. She adapted well to Aussie weather - we just found in summer that we needed to feed her ice cubes to keep her hydrated and cooled down and keep her in the shade a lot. 

Hope this helps! 

Lucy  xxx

• Like 1

• 4 months later...