Taking a pre existing condition to Sydney

sualg

Hi. 

Im due to move to Sydney on a 189 visa this October,  I'm currently undergoing tests for abdominal pains with a urologist in the U.K., most of the bad stuff has been ruled out but if I still have to have further tests how will it work in Sydney. I'm planning on asking my consultant to write a letter confirming the tests I have undertaken. How will I acquire the services of a urologist when I land?

You'll need a Medicare card first.  When you get here, go into Medicare with your passport and proof of your visa and they'll sort that out for you.  The card will take a week or so to arrive, but from memory you'll get a slip of paper with the number on.  If you want to pay privately for your urologist, I think you can just look them up and make an appointment directly.  If you want to go through Medicare, I think you'll need to see a GP for referral.  You can go to whichever GP you like, just register with a practice and make an appointment.