190 Visa cost?

Hi all, I'm a recently graduated Podiatrist and as such am eligible to apply for a few state sponsored/regional visas. How much is needed for this process in total please, bearing in mind I am a single applicant?

Many thanks

Edited by digitalis

Hi, I've just graduated as a pod too. Congratulations. Where did you study?

The visa costs are listed on the skillselect website (couple of thousand dollars depending which visa)

The costs for skill recognition is on ANZPAC (few hundred dollars)

Then the AHPRA fees for registration can be found on their website (couple of hundred dollars).

That's all the professional fees I can think of, you might need state registration too with one if podiatry boards as they're all different, but not sure if they're compulsory.

Then there's a medical and police checks for the visa. Couple of hundred at least for medical, but police check way under a hundred.

There are a couple of pods on the forum who will be able to offer advice, but I think one is on a WHV right now, looking to stay, and another has been there years so not up to date on costs; but full of experience.

If you haven't looked at skillselect you'll need to do so to calculate your points as you may need to sit an English test, in fact with no experience it is likely you will. There's IELTS and PTE. I did PTE last year and it was a couple of hundred pounds plus learning materials. I didn't find it too hard.

Can you tell us any more about your situation, there's lots of advice here but it will depend on your circumstances. Being single helps though as my visa cost is much more expensive due to baby and partner.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GiveAGirlShoes said:

Hi, I've just graduated as a pod too. Congratulations. Where did you study?

The visa costs are listed on the skillselect website (couple of thousand dollars depending which visa)

The costs for skill recognition is on ANZPAC (few hundred dollars)

Then the AHPRA fees for registration can be found on their website (couple of hundred dollars).

That's all the professional fees I can think of, you might need state registration too with one if podiatry boards as they're all different, but not sure if they're compulsory.

Then there's a medical and police checks for the visa. Couple of hundred at least for medical, but police check way under a hundred.

There are a couple of pods on the forum who will be able to offer advice, but I think one is on a WHV right now, looking to stay, and another has been there years so not up to date on costs; but full of experience.

If you haven't looked at skillselect you'll need to do so to calculate your points as you may need to sit an English test, in fact with no experience it is likely you will. There's IELTS and PTE. I did PTE last year and it was a couple of hundred pounds plus learning materials. I didn't find it too hard.

Can you tell us any more about your situation, there's lots of advice here but it will depend on your circumstances. Being single helps though as my visa cost is much more expensive due to baby and partner.

Hi, I read your account of your journey earlier, mine isn't too dissimilar! I trained at Cardiff Met! 

Hi, I read your account of your journey earlier, mine isn't too dissimilar! I trained at Cardiff Met! My circumstances are no kids, no partner and no ties here financial or otherwise and a clean bill of health. I spent a year in Oz from '12-'13 so am relatively au fait with the place lol :D

Where did you study?

Oh btw how long has the process taken you?

Edited by digitalis

Oh good, I've benchmarked around 6K for the paperwork side of the visa but hoping to have some change leftover!

I've not started yet as I'm skint! I'm working but only part time and not as a podiatrist. I've left 2 to 3 days free every week so trying to pick up some part time private work.
Once I'm sure I can afford the paperwork and return flights to validate I'm budgeting 12 ish months depending on processing times. I'll be going for a 189 visa. Probably won't be moving for a few years after validation though as OH doesn't want to sell our house straight away (which would fund the move entirely) so lots of saving to do!

• Like 1