Etihad guest miles for extra bags

SARAH1974

Hi guys

Can anyone help with this question (as I can't find anything on the Etihad website!).  We are moving from Manchester to Brisbane on a PR visa in September 2017.  We have 42,000 guest miles with Etihad.  Ideally I want to use some of these to take an extra suitcase(s) with us but I've been told that we won't know how many miles we need for an extra bag until we book the flight and have a booking reference.

We are sending the majority of our stuff over by sea in a movecube in the next few weeks and if I can't use the air miles to take the extra case I will obviously need to factor in sending more stuff in the movecube. Why can't Etihad just state an extra suitcase is 30,000 miles or whatever it is!! Does anyone know the answer?  We have a 3 year old child so the idea was to take a suitcase of toys so she has familiar things around her when we arrive - if not it's a 3.5 month wait before it arrives by sea.

Thanks!