Travel times/ Job quandry!

Bound4Tassie

2nd job offer this week. It's a nice position to be in but now have to decide which is best. Location of this one not as good but still doable.....or could change where we live.....but have my heart set on living at Port Sorell/Hawley.

1st job is in Devonport. 2nd job is split across Burnie (3days) & Latrobe (2days).

How long would it take to drive from Port Sorell to Burnie? I like the sound of that job better. There is a possibility of more days shifting to Latrobe but not for a while.

We'll rent initially anyway so I suppose I can always try out the commute. I travel 45mins here in the UK so wouldn't be too much of a shock .

I just wish I preferred the Devonport one!

It's 65km from Port Sorell to Burnie and it's a good road all the way after Devonport - no traffic lights and lovely views. :) Many people do it so the road can be a bit busy at peak times.  It's a far better road from Devonport to Burnie than the one to Launceston - gee I wish they'd do something about that road. It takes us just over 30 mins to drive to Burnie so I guess it would be bit over 45 mins from Port Sorell.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bound4Tassie said:

We could look at somewhere else to live like Turners Beach. But we've spent so much time researching Port Sorell area and don't want to keep moving my school age child if we move area. Hope we just make the right choice first time!

I don't what it is about it but I'm not keen on the actual township of Turners Beach. You might like it though - definitely best to get the feel of a place before making the big decision.  Same as Devonport - there are areas I wouldn't like to live in but I do really like the area of town where we chose to live.

Edited by Toots

I don't know it very well. Been to the Berry Patch a few times and a cafe that I've forgotten the name of.

They reckon Somerset is the next place to be developed as more of a beach destination to live & visit? Think it's a bit too far out for us. Eg if we want to see friends in Launie or cousin's beach shack on the East Coast.

Speaking to in- laws on Skype , they said the road Devonport to Burnie is really good now and travelling over won't be a problem .

Hoping to Skype the new potential boss and his business partner this week if we can get a suitable time for everyone. He also wants to meet for coffee when he's in the UK in a few weeks. It's all quite informal which is nice.

I've heard of another couple of jobs coming up too if neither of these are suitable but I'm now hoping the Burnie/Latrobe one is as good as it sounds.

Good to know that there's plenty of work around as that tends to be the sticking point in Tassie.

• Like 1